Anthem Lights (album)
|Studio album by Anthem Lights|
|Released||May 10, 2011|
|Anthem Lights chronology|
Anthem Lights is the debut album by the American Christian boy band, Anthem Lights. The album was released on May 10, 2011 on Reunion Records and contains all 3 tracks from their self-titled EP, which was released on February 1, 2011.
|Alpha Omega News||A+|
|Christian Broadcasting Network|||
|Jesus Freak Hideout||
|Louder Than the Music|||
|New Release Tuesday|||
|The Phantom Tollbooth|||
Anthem Lights received a majority of mixed reviews, but overall barely positive reception in the aggregate by music critics. At CCM Magazine, Andy Argyrakis rated the album three stars, writing "Anthem Lights explodes with youthful exuberance, alongside a lyrical depth about living a life with a purpose that can simultaneously connect with peers and their parents." William Ruhlmann of Allmusic rated the album three stars, stating "Anthem Lights may not be original, but they are a bunch of cute young guys, and that can be as important in CCM as in pop music generally." At Christianity Today, Robert Ham rated the album two stars, saying "it doesn't make any effort to differentiate itself from every other faith-based rock band on the radio these days." Jamie Maxwell of Cross Rhythms rated the album six-out-of-ten, writing that "in common with the majority of pop music, no new lyrical depth is explored here." At Christian Broadcasting Network, Jae Rae rated the album three spins, stating that "If this promising debut is any indication, Anthem Lights' refreshing sound will benefit Christian music for many years come." Jerold Wallace of Jesus Freak Hideout rated the album two-and-a-half stars, saying that the release is "modest" that they are "sticking to the safe, pop/praise formula." At Jesus Freak Hideout, Kevin Hoskins rated the album three stars, writing that "half of Anthem Lights is pretty good while the other half is pretty weak. It's not a bad start for a band that can have a decent future if they can work out some of the kinks." Haydon Spenceley of The Phantom Tollbooth rated the album three tocks, saying "Anthem Lights is a good album." At New Release Tuesday, Sarah Fine rated the album four stars, stating that it is "one of the strongest debut albums". Jono Davies of Louder Than the Music rated the album four-and-a-half stars, and according to him "what stands out more than anything on this album is how much these songs have good hooks that make them stick in your head long after you have had a listen." At Alpha Omega News, Tom Frigoli graded the album an A+, saying that "the album is an excellent testament to the band’s creativity and talent."
All songs written and composed by Alan Powell, Seth Mosley, Juan Otero except where noted.
|1.||"Can't Shut Up"||Powell , Mosley, Otero, Mike Erikkson, Eric Liljero, Jeff Pardo||4:10|
|2.||"I Wanna Know You Like That"||Alan Powell, Seth Mosely, Juan Otero||3:22|
|3.||"Circles"||Powell, Rob Hawkins||3:54|
|4.||"Can't Get Over You"||3:25|
|5.||"Stranger"||Powell, Keith Everette Smith||4:27|
|6.||"Outta My Mind"||3:45|
|9.||"Freedom Into Slavery"||Powell, Smith||3:51|
|10.||"Where the Light Is"||Powell, Scott Krippayne, Tony Wood||3:51|
- Jesusfreakhideout.com: Anthem Lights, "Anthem Lights" Review jesusfreakhideout.com. . Retrieved 04-20-2011.
- Anthem Lights by Anthem Lights | CD Reviews And Information | NewReleaseTuesday.com newreleasetuesday.com. . Retrieved 04-22-2011.
- Jesusfreakhideout.com: Anthem Lights, "Anthem Lights EP" Review jesusfreakhideout.com. . Retrieved 04-22-2011.
- Ruhlmann, William (May 10, 2011). "Anthem Lights - Anthem Lights : Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards". AllMusic. Retrieved March 12, 2014.
- Frigoli, Tom (July 2, 2011). "Anthem Lights - Anthem Lights". Alpha Omega News. Retrieved March 12, 2014.
- Argyrakis, Andy (May 1, 2011). "Anthem Lights: Anthem Lights (Reunion Records)". CCM Magazine. p. 40. Retrieved March 12, 2014.
- Rae, Jae (May 10, 2011). "Anthem Lights by Anthem Lights". Christian Broadcasting Network. Retrieved March 12, 2014.
- Ham, Robert (May 10, 2011). "Anthem Lights: Anthem Lights". Christianity Today. Retrieved March 12, 2014.
- Maxwell, Jamie (May 21, 2011). "Review: Anthem Lights - Anthem Lights". Cross Rhythms. Retrieved March 12, 2014.
- Wallace, Jerold (February 27, 2011). "Anthem Lights, "Anthem Lights" Review". Jesus Freak Hideout. Retrieved March 12, 2014.
- Hoskins, Kevin (April 26, 2011). "Anthem Lights, "Anthem Lights" Review: Second Staff Opinion". Jesus Freak Hideout. Retrieved March 12, 2014.
- Davies, Jono (March 28, 2011). "Reviews - Anthem Lights - Anthem Lights". Louder Than the Music. Retrieved March 12, 2014.
- Fine, Sarah (May 10, 2011). "Strong Debut Album". New Release Tuesday. Retrieved March 12, 2014.
- Spenceley, Haydon (August 20, 2011). "Anthem Lights - Anthem Lights". The Phantom Tollbooth. Retrieved March 12, 2014.