19 November 1974 |
|Education||Solvay Business School|
Anthony Asael (born 1974) is a well recognized international photographer and part of Corbis agency. He is one of the very few people who has visited each of the 193 countries of the world. He is of Turkish and Italian origin. He is also the founder of the not-for-profit organization Art in All of Us.
Early life and education
His passion for photography began very early - at 9 years old, he was already developing his black and white work in a lab. Over the next few years, he was given the opportunity to travel on several occasions with Ruggero Gabbai – a professional Italian photographer and film director - as his personal assistant.
Art in All of Us
A graduate of Solvay Business School in Belgium, he held management positions at various IT and telecommunication companies. In 2004 he decided to change life and he’s been dedicating 100% of his time to the nonprofit sector. He founded Art in All of Us  that promotes tolerance and cultural exchanges. He is now dedicated to accomplishing the mission of this organization, aiming at stimulating creativity and curiosity of children of the world. Having traveled throughout the world and met different cultures, Asael aims at building more tolerance through ARTistic communication. He wants Art in All of Us to be the international platform of art exchanges among children from all the countries of the world. The mission of Art in All of Us is to promote tolerance and creative cultural exchange throughout the 192 UN member countries, using universal language of Art. Asael believes that the construction of a better and fair world needs to go through the education of the less advantaged person. Therefore, Art in All of Us decided to focus the project on children, since in most countries they are only considered as half a person, and do not benefit from the right to express themselves. The expected AiA World Art Book Program of Art in All of Us was published and launched the 20 of November 2009 at the United Nations in the frame of the 20 years anniversary of the Children Rights Convention. It presents in one book each and every of the 192 UN member countries through a single portrait of a resident, a drawing and a poetry done by a local child.
Today, Asael enjoys seeing passers-by examine his portraits with delight, such as his famous exhibitions of "Colors and Scents", "The 8 Millennium Goals", "Children Rights", "Know your World" and the "Children World Art Tour". His artwork is featured in many different continents around the world. He has featured in 2006-2008 an exhibition on the Millennium Goals in Brussels, Milan (Italy), Antwerp (Belgium), Toronto (Canada), New York and Santiago (Chile) for the 60th anniversary of the Unicef. Other recent exhibitions can be seen in Brussels, Paris, Madrid, Cologne, Toronto, New York. In 2012, his work has been honored at the World Expo 2012 in Yeosu, South Korea and in Rio de Janeiro for the Rio+20 UN Conference on Sustainable Development. Asael's artwork and photography have been shown in over 80 exhibitions since 2000.
Awards and recognition
He and Art in All of Us has also been honored by being invited by the UNICEF to exhibit in the UNICEF headquarters for the 20 years anniversary of the Children Rights Convention. In 2009, he also won the first Prize of the Kodak Smile Festival in Paris.
- September 2011 - “Children of the World”, Rizzoli, 1st Edition, USA 
- November 2009 - “Art in All of Us, The World seen through the Eyes and Rhymes of the Children”, RE Producciones, 1st Edition, Chile
- November 2009 - “Si Tous les Enfants du Monde…”, Playbac Éditions, 1st Édition, France 
- October 2007 - “Comiendo Fruta chilena en el Mundo, ASOEX, 1st Edition, Chile
- "Anthony Asael, Founder of Art in All of Us" Retrieved 8 July 2011.
- "Art in All of Us on CNN Chile". CNN Chile. 15 May 2009. Archived from the original on 5 October 2011. Retrieved 11 July 2011.
- "Mission of Art in All of Us"
- "Livro reúne fotos e desenhos de crianças de todos os países do mundo" [Book brings together photos and drawings of children from all countries of the world] (in Portuguese). BBC News. Retrieved 11 July 2011.
- "Children World Art Tour". Archived from the original on 4 October 2011. Retrieved 11 July 2011.
- "Exhibition with Unicef" Retrieved 11 July 2011.
- "Exhibition list of Asael around the world"
- "Annual Report of Art in All of Us"
- "Anthony Asael at the UNICEF for the 20 years anniversary of the Children Right Convention"
- "Interview with Asael after winning the Kodak Smile Prize"
- "Children of the World, Rizzoli" Retrieved 8 July 2011.
- "Si Tous les Enfants du Monde..." [If All Children of the World...] (PDF). Playbac. Retrieved 8 July 2011.
- Unicef webstory about the 20 years anniversary of the Children Rights Convention: **http://www.unicef.org/policyanalysis/index_51636.html
- Anthony Asael resume on linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/anthonyasael
- Unicef document relating to the organization Art in All of Us:
- Official website by Anthony Asael
- Art in All of Us, organization founded by Anthony Asael
- Art in All of Us, partner of the Unicef
- Unicef webstory about Art in All of Us
- Press article about Anthony Asael and Art in All of Us
- Press Release: Anthony Asael visited ALL 192 countries
- Recent articles about visits to schools with the Unicef in Pakistan and in Egypt can be watched on the following links:  and 
- Recent articles about exhibitions in Italy  and in Chile on the Millennium Goals
- Photos of Anthony Asael in Haiti featured by Boston Globe Big Picture
- Travellerspoint Interview with Anthony Asael