|The Lord Bamford, DL|
|Born||Anthony Paul Bamford
23 October 1945 
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
|Education||Ampleforth College, Yorkshire, England|
|Alma mater||University of Grenoble, France|
|Net worth||GB£3.1 billion (2012)|
|Title||Chairman of JCB
|Spouse(s)||Carole, Lady Bamford|
Anthony Paul Bamford, Baron Bamford, DL (born 23 October 1945) is a British businessman, Chairman of JCB. He succeeded his father, Joseph Cyril Bamford, as Chairman and Managing Director of JCB in 1975, at the age of 30. He was knighted in 1990 at the age of 45. His wealth was estimated at £3.1 billion as of April 2012.
Bamford was educated at Ampleforth College, a boarding independent school near the village and civil parish of Ampleforth in the Ryedale district of North Yorkshire, England (about 23 miles (37 km) north of York, and on the edge of the North York Moors National Park), followed by the University of Grenoble, a former university in the city of Grenoble in South East France, at the foot of the French Alps.
Life and career
Bamford has been outspoken on the need for the Government to champion manufacturing in the UK and commissioned a report in 2012 on the subject which was sent directly to David Cameron. He was elevated to the House of Lords in August 2013 
Bamford is married to Carole, Lady Bamford, OBE.
Outside of business, Bamford is a well-known collector of early vintage Ferraris, and is the only individual to own two Ferrari 250 GTOs. He was also once the owner of a 1954 Mercedes-Benz W196 grand prix car raced by the five-time world champion Juan Manuel Fangio of Argentina.
Styles and honours
- Mr Anthony Bamford (1945–90)
- Sir Anthony Bamford (1990–2002)
- Sir Anthony Bamford DL (2002–2013)
- The Lord Bamford DL (2013–Present)
- "Sunday Times Rich List". Sunday Times. Retrieved 16 January 2013.
- The London Gazette: . 28 May 1991.
- "Anthony Paul Bamford BAMFORD - BIOGRAPHY". Debrett's People of Today. Debrett's. Retrieved 4 July 2014.
- Quinn, James (1 August 2013). "Sir Anthony Bamford and Dame Lucy Neville-Rolfe lead list of new business peers". The Daily Telegraph (London).
- Working Peerages announced Gov.uk
- "JCB's Sir Anthony Bamford eyes Jaguar". Contract Journal. 24 August 2006.
- Okulski, Travis. "Here Is A List Of All The People Who Own Ferrari 250 GTOs". Jalopnik. Retrieved 12 March 2013.
- Levine, Leo (5 July 2013). "A Singular Mercedes Aims for Another Record". The New York Times.
- Dodd, Vikram (31 May 2010). "Conservatives confirm leading party donor withdrew from peerage list | Politics | The Guardian". The Guardian (London: GMG). ISSN 0261-3077. OCLC 60623878. Retrieved 31 October 2012.
- The London Gazette: . 7 October 2013.
- "Big Wheel: The social circle of Sir Anthony Bamford". The Independent (London). 23 August 2006.
|Chairman of JCB