Anthony DeLuca (Illinois politician)
|Member of the Illinois House of Representatives
from the 80th district
|Preceded by||George Scully, Jr.|
|Mayor of Chicago Heights|
May 2003 – May 2009
|Preceded by||Thomas Somer|
|Succeeded by||Alex Lopez|
September 22, 1970 |
Chicago Heights, Illinois
|Residence||Chicago Heights, Illinois|
|Alma mater||Elmhurst College|
Anthony DeLuca is a member of the Illinois House of Representatives who has represented the 80th district since his appointment in March 2009 to succeed George Scully, who was appointed to the Illinois Circuit Court of Cook County. The Southland based district includes all or parts of Homewood, Flossmoor, Chicago Heights, Park Forest, South Chicago Heights, University Park, Frankfort, Manhattan and Symerton, Illinois.
Before being appointed to that position, he served as mayor of Chicago Heights, Illinois, since 2003. Some controversy was created as DeLuca is known to many to be a member of the Republican Party, whereas Scully is a Democrat. DeLuca has stated, "If I am appointed to a Democratic seat, I am a Democrat."
- Schlikerman, Becky (2009-03-12). "Candidates lining up to succeed DeLuca in Chicago Heights". Southtown Star. Retrieved 2009-03-13.
- Zimmer, Nathaniel (2009-02-13). "Chicago Heights mayor eyed to replace Scully". Southtown Star. Retrieved 2009-03-13.
- Representative Anthony DeLuca (D) 80th District at the Illinois General Assembly
- State Representative Anthony DeLuca constituency site
- Profile at Project Vote Smart
- Rep. Anthony DeLuca at Illinois House Democrats