|Ring name(s)||Pitbull #2
Mad Bull Buster
|Billed height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Billed weight||250 lb (110 kg; 18 st)|
|Born||July 26, 1967
Hammonton, New Jersey
|Died||September 25, 2003(aged 36)|
|Trained by||Larry Sharpe|
World Wrestling Federation
Durante got his start in the WWF in 1989, competing as a jobber under his real name (Tony Durante). Durante would face WWF stars such as Rick Rude, the then-Intercontinental Champion The Honky Tonk Man, and The Barbarian. He, along with tag team partner Gary Wolfe (then going by Gary Wolf) also tag-teammed against The Hart Foundation and The Fabulous Rougeau Brothers on the WWF's weekend show "Superstars". Typically Durante's matches in the WWF were squash matches, lasting three minutes or less.
Extreme Championship Wrestling
Durante was best known as being one half of the tag team The Pitbulls in ECW, along with Pitbull #1, Gary Wolfe. The Pitbulls won the ECW World Tag Team Championship on September 16, 1995 from Raven and Stevie Richards after interference from their manager, Francine.
Jersey All Pro Wrestling
The first JAPW Heavyweight Champion was Joe Rules, who won the title on October 31, 1997. He eliminated Durante in a 20 man battle royal to become the champion. But later in the evening Durante would defeat Joe Rules for the title. His reign would last until December 5, 1997 when he would be stripped due to injury.
Durante died on September 25, 2003 along with his girlfriend, Dianna Hulsey, both from drug overdose of fentanyl. He and his girlfriend were found after lying in their home dead for days, all while their two small children, a 21-month-old boy and 8-month-old girl, were apparently alone in the house among the bodies.
- Finishing moves
- Lance Wright
- Terri Runnels
- Rick Rude
- Jason Knight
- Tod Gordon
- Cassy Strayter
- Robert Fuller
Championships and accomplishments
- Allied Powers Wrestling Federation
- APWF Tag Team Championship (1 Time) - with Pitbull #1
- Extreme Championship Wrestling
- Grande Wrestling Alliance
- GWA Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Pitbull #1
- High Risk Championship Wrestling
- HRCW Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Pitbull #1
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated
- PWI ranked him # 76 of the 500 best singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 1997
- "Exposed! Pro Wrestling's Greatest Secrets". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved 2010-02-01.
- TheHistoryOfWWE.com: WWF Superstars, 1986-97, matches from 1989
- Poole, Robert Jr. (2003-11-07). "Wrestling Deaths Becoming Serious Concern: What can the sport do to save itself from tragedy ?". AllSports.com. Retrieved 2007-04-17.
HardcoreHallofFamewas invoked but never defined (see the help page).
Cite error: The named reference
- Anthony "Pitbull II" Durante (Archived 2009-10-25)
- Accelerator's Wrestling Rollercoaster contains a summary of his pay-per-view television appearances
- Anthony Durante at the Online World of Wrestling
- December 30th, 2008 Interview with Anthony Durante's Partner Pitbull #1 Gary Wolf