|Born||Anthony John Habgood
8 November 1946
|Residence||Chelsea, London and Norfolk|
|Alma mater||Gonville and Caius College, Cambridge and Carnegie Mellon University|
|Title||Chairman of Reed Elsevier, Chairman of Court of the Bank of England, Chairman of Norwich Research Park, Chairman of Preqin Holding Limited|
Board member of
|Reed Elsevier, Bank of England|
Anthony John Habgood (born 8 November 1946) is a British businessman, currently Chairman of Reed Elsevier, an Anglo-Dutch multinational publisher and information provider operating in the science, medical, legal, risk and business sectors.
Habgood was educated at Gresham's School, Norfolk. He has a degree in economics from Cambridge University (Gonville and Caius College), and an MS in Industrial Administration from Carnegie Mellon University.
From 1991 to 2005, Habgood was Chief Executive, then Chairman of Bunzl, growing turnover from continuing operations from £500 million to £2.9 billion, and improving profits by a factor of 34, and "is widely credited with transforming Bunzl".
Habgood has been Chairman of Reed Elsevier since June 2009. He has also been Chairman of Preqin Holding Limited since November 2011,  and was Chairman of Whitbread plc from 2005 to 2014  and of Mölnlycke Health Care from 2006 to 2007 while it was owned by the private equity house APAX Partners
He was Senior Non-executive Director of Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust from 2006 until March 2013, when he became chair of Norwich Research Park.
In March 2014 Habgood was appointed Chairman of Court of the Bank of England,
Habgood is married with three children, and splits his time between Chelsea and Norfolk.
- "Agenda Extraordinary General Meeting of Shareholders 2009" (PDF). Reed Elsevier NV. 2009. Retrieved 1 November 2012.
- "Whitbread harbours eastern ambitions". Financial Times. Retrieved 30 October 2012.
- "The Interview: A cool customer with a track record of giving a warm feeling to shareholders". The Independent. 30 April 2005. Retrieved 31 October 2012.
- "Anthony Habgood profile". Oxford University. Retrieved 31 October 2012.
- "Interview with Anthony Habgood" (PDF). Journal of Strategy and Management. Retrieved 31 October 2012.
- "View from the Top: Anthony Habgood, Chairman, Reed Elsevier". Financial Times. Retrieved 31 October 2012.
- "Anthony Habgood to Chair Preqin". peHUB. Retrieved 18 March 2014.
- "The Times: Whitbread chairman Anthony Habgood leaves little room for improvement". The Times. Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- "6 March 2013 - FTSE 100 company Chair appointed to Norwich Research Park - BBSRC". bbsrc.ac.uk. Retrieved 26 July 2014.
- "NatWest Board Changes". NatWest Press Release. Retrieved 6 March 2000. Check date values in:
- "Powergen Annual Report 2000" (PDF). Powergen. Retrieved 2 March 2001.