Anthony Independent School District
|Anthony Independent School District|
|Type and location|
|Type||Independent school district|
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Region||ESC Region 19|
|Location||840 Sixth St.
|NCES District ID||4808430|
|Students and staff|
|Teachers||56.08 (2009-10) (on full-time equivalent (FTE) basis)|
|Student-teacher ratio||14.85 (2009-10)|
|Athletic conference||UIL Class 3A Football & Basketball|
|Colors||Columbia Blue, White, Red|
|TEA District Accountability Rating for 2011-12||Academically Acceptable|
The Anthony Independent School District (AISD) serves the entire municipal limit of Anthony, Texas and extends into all portions of Vinton, Texas west of Texas Highway 20 and south to La Union Road. The approximate area covered by the district is 7.78 square miles (20.2 km2).
As of the 2010-2011 school year, the appraised valuation of property in the district was $152,895,000. The maintenance tax rate was $0.104 and the bond tax rate was $0.016 per $100 of appraised valuation. As of 2007, the Texas State Energy Conservation Office awards Anthony ISD money due to the colonias served by the district.
In 2011, the school district was rated "academically acceptable" by the Texas Education Agency. Forty-nine percent of districts in Texas in 2011 received the same rating. No state accountability ratings will be given to districts in 2012. A school district in Texas can receive one of four possible rankings from the Texas Education Agency: Exemplary (the highest possible ranking), Recognized, Academically Acceptable, and Academically Unacceptable (the lowest possible ranking).
Historical district TEA accountability ratings
- 2011: Academically Acceptable
- 2010: Recognized
- 2009: Academically Acceptable
- 2008: Academically Acceptable
- 2007: Academically Acceptable
- 2006: Academically Acceptable
- 2005: Academically Acceptable
- 2004: Academically Acceptable
In the 2011-2012 school year, the district had students in five schools. All schools are less than a mile away from the Texas–New Mexico state line. All schools and the administration building are located on the same property between 4th Street and Magdalena to the east and west and Poplar Street–Elm Street and Wildcat Drive. The district property, including the sports fields, takes up at least a dozen square town blocks.
- Regular instructional
- Anthony High School 
- Oak Street was renamed Wildcat Drive after the high school was built and the street was expanded to become Texas Spur 6.
- Anthony Middle School 
- Anthony Elementary School 
- Alternative instructional
- Raymond Tellas Academy DAEP (Grades PK-12)
- Raymond Tellas Academy JJAEP (Grades 6-12)
Anthony High School participates in the boys sports of baseball, Track and Field, basketball, football. The school participates in the girls sports of basketball, softball, Track and Field and volleyball. For the 2012 through 2014 school years, Anthony High School will play football in UIL Class 3A.
Security is provided with a cooperative agreement with the Anthony Police Department. A designated full-time school resource officer is assigned to the schools during school hours as well as frequent patrols by duty officers after hours. Additional officers are provided for sports and other large events.
- "Texas School Directory 2012". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 16 July 2012.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Anthony ISD". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 16 July 2012.
- "UIL Alignments". University Interscholastic League. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Anthony High School". CBS Interactive. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System District Ratings for 2004 through 2011". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 16 July 2012.
- "School District Locator Data Download". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 15 July 2012.
- "Colonias Projects". Texas State Energy Conservation Office. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System Summary of Ratings for 2004 through 2011(as of November 2, 2011) District Ratings by Rating Category (including Charter Operators)". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Accountability Rating System for Texas Public Schools and Districts". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 11 August 2012.