|Anthony J. Portantino|
|Member of the California State Assembly
from the 44th district
December 6, 2006 – November 30, 2012
|Preceded by||Carol Liu|
|Succeeded by||Chris Holden|
Long Branch, New Jersey
|Alma mater||Albright College|
Assemblyman Portantino served two terms on the La Cañada Flintridge City Council, from 1999 until 2006. There, he was mentored by now State Senator Carol Liu, who endorsed him to succeed her in the California State Assembly.
After his term finished in the California State Assembly, Portantino stated initially stated that he would run for Congress against David Dreier, even though the district had yet to be drawn, and later declared that he would run against Senator Carol Liu. 
- "Liu Endorses Portantino for Assembly". La Canada Valley Sun. 2005-10-13. Retrieved 2013-10-18.
- Abendschein, Dan (2011-06-07). "Portantino Preparing for 2012 Congress Run, But Will He Face David Dreier? - Government". Sierra Madre, CA Patch. Retrieved 2013-10-18.
- Mark Kellam (2011-12-14). "Portantino struggles to find political footing". Glendale News-Press. Retrieved 2013-10-18.
- Miller, Terry (April 12, 2011). "Portantino’s Bill Banning "Open Carry" of Handguns Passes Key Committee". Pasadena Independent. Retrieved 22 June 2011.
- "Portantino's Tattoo Removal Bill Passes Legislature". San Gabriel Valley Tribune. 2012-08-27. Retrieved 2013-10-18.