September 13, 1968 |
Span of killings
|March 8, 2009|
Anthony Kirkland (born September 13, 1968) is an American serial killer. Between 2006 and 2009, Kirkland murdered a woman and three girls in the Cincinnati area following a 16-year prison term for the 1987 murder of another woman.
From December 22, 2006 through March 7, 2009, Kirkland murdered four females, three by strangulation. He had burned each of his victims' bodies in an attempt to conceal evidence of rape. Kirkland was arrested near the scene of the murder of 13-year old Esme Kenney in possession of her watch and iPod.
After being convicted of aggravated murder, gross abuse of a corpse, attempted rape and aggravated robbery, the judge on March 31, 2010 sentenced Kirkland to death. He presently awaits his sentence at Chillicothe Correctional Institution.
- Leola Douglas, 27, murdered May 20, 1987.
- Casonya Crawford, 14, murdered May, 2006.
- Mary Jo Newton, 45, murdered April or May, 2006.
- Kimya Rolison, 14, murdered December 22, 2006.
- Esme Kenney, 13, murdered March 7, 2009.
- "Anthony KIRKLAND". murderpedia.org. Retrieved 29 March 2014.
- Offender Details
- Police: Anthony Kirkland suspect in several murders - FOX19.com-Cincinnati News, Weather & Sports
- Kirkland sentenced to death | Cincinnati.com | cincinnati.com
- Jurors find Anthony Kirkland guilty of all 12 counts, including aggravated murder | Cincinnati.com | cincinnati.com
|This United States biographical article related to crime is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|