Anthony Lawrence (poet)
Anthony Lawrence (born 1957) is a contemporary Australian poet and novelist. Lawrence has received a number of Australia Council for the Arts Literature Board Grants and has won numerous awards for his poetry, including the inaugural Judith Wright Calanthe Award and the Gwen Harwood Memorial Prize. His most recent collection is Bark (University of Queensland Press).
- Bark, University of Queensland Press, 2008.
- Words & Music, Picaro Press, 2008.
- Magnetic Field, Picaro Press, 2008.
- Strategies for Confronting Fear : New and Selected Poems Lancashire, England : Arc Publications, 2006.
- The Sleep of a Learning Man Giramondo Publishing, 2003.
- Skinned by Light : Poems 1989 – 2002 University of Queensland Press, 2002.
- New and Selected Poems University of Queensland Press, 1998.
- The Viewfinder University of Queensland Press, 1996.
- Cold Wires of Rain Penguin Books, 1995.
- The Darkwood Aquarium Penguin Books, 1993.
- Three Days Out of Tidal Town Hale and Iremonger, 1992.
- Dreaming in Stone Angus and Robertson, 1989.
- In the Half-Light Picador, 2000.
- 6th Blake Poetry Prize (2013): winner for 'Appellations'
- Peter Porter Poetry Prize, 2010: winner for 'Domestic Emergencies'
- The Age Book of the Year Award, Dinny O'Hearn Poetry Prize, 2008: shortlisted for Bark
- Queensland Premier's Literary Awards, Arts Queensland, Judith Wright Calanthe Prize for Poetry, 2008: shortlisted for Bark
- Peter Porter Poetry Prize, 2007: shortlisted for 'Guidance and Knowledge' (Note: Prize known as the ABR Poetry Prize in 2007.)
- Tasmania Book Prizes, Tasmania Book Prize, 2005: shortlisted for The Sleep of a Learning Man
- The Age Book of the Year Award, poetry, 2004: shortlisted for The Sleep of a Learning Man
- Victorian Premier's Literary Awards, The C. J. Dennis Prize for Poetry, 2004: shortlisted for The Sleep of a Learning Man
- Colin Roderick Award, 2002: shortlisted for Skinned by Light : Poems 1989 – 2002
- Josephine Ulrick National Poetry Prize, 2001: winner for 'The Rain'
- Inaugural Judith Wright Calanthe Award, 1999: winner for New and Selected Poems
- NSW Premier's Literary Awards, Kenneth Slessor Prize for Poetry, 1997: winner for The Viewfinder
- Grace Perry Memorial Award, 1988: runner-up for 'Blood Oath'
-  Austlit entry page
-  Interview with Ralph Wessman in Famous Reporter
-  Interview with Robbie Coburn in Rochford Street Review