November 1, 1967
Los Angeles, California, USA
Anthony Lucero (born November 1, 1967 in Los Angeles, California) is an American poet. He is also known for his work as an actor and more recently as a film director.
Chiron Review published Lucero's "The Living Party" in 1991 and he was widely published in the small press world over the next decade. Citing illness, he contributed less over the coming years but he continued to write. Editor and archivist Geof Huth has called his work "Incomparable." He has two titles due out in 2014: dear little missy and The Clown.
Lucero has written several screenplays including The Clown and an adaptation of Richard Brautigan's, A Confederate General from Big Sur, for Benicio Del Toro.
A guest starring role on NBC's Unsub in 1989 was followed by notable performances in such films as HBO's The Image, Pump Up the Volume (Golden Space Needle Award at the Seattle FF, Audience Award at the Deauville FF), Silent Rain (Academy Award winning short) and Molder of Dreams. Lucero would later star in the critically acclaimed, Loved (Independent Spirit Award nominee for Best Film, Grand Prix spécial Deauville nominee), opposite William Hurt and Robin Wright.
Lucero is currently directing a documentary on Richard Brautigan, Here Is Something Beautiful (etc. He has also been directing a longer reaching documentary, Tomás the Red Haired Angel, on the Czech clown Tomás Kubínek.
- In production : "Tomás the Red Haired Angel"
- In production : "Here Is Something Beautiful (etc.)"
- In production : "The Clown[disambiguation needed]"
- 1990 : "Coldfire" by Wings Hauser
- 1990 : "Pump Up the Volume" by Allan Moyle
- 1990 : "Boy Wonders" by Randy Carter
- 1991 : "Molder of Dreams" by Stephen Stiles
- 1993 : "Silent Rain" by Martin Curland
- 1997 : "Loved" by Erin Dignam
- 2001 : "Cowboy Up" by Xavier Koller
- 1989 : Unsub by James A. Contner (Season 1, Episode 8)
- 1989 : When He's Not a Stranger by John Gray (TV Movie)
- 1990 : The Image by Peter Werner (HBO Movie)
- 1991 : The Less-Than-Perfect Daughter by Gilbert Moses (ABC Afterschool Special)
- 1993 : Sirens by Allan Arkush (Season 1, Episode 2)
- 1993 : And the Band Played On by Roger Spottiswoode (HBO Movie)
- 1994 : The Search by Corey Allen (TV Movie)
In 2006 Lucero co-founded the circus outreach organization, Circus Remedy. To date, Circus Remedy has made over fifty visits to ailing children worldwide and has collaborated with Paul Newman's Hole in the Wall Gang Camp, Amma's hospitals and orphanages in Kerala, India, Afghan Mobile Mini Children's Circus in Kabul, Afghanistan, countless orphanages in Tanzania and South Africa, the Jewish and Arab Galilee Youth Circus in Israel, as well as children's hospitals throughout North America.