March 19, 1959|
Los Angeles, California, USA
Anthony Marinelli (born 19 March 1959) is an American composer, best known for his scores to motion pictures. He has been based in the United States since 1981 and has composed the scores to over sixty feature films.
He and Brian Banks were known for work together for performances as a synthesizer duo, including as an opener for the Los Angeles Philharmonic in 1980. before briefly forming The Beepers. The two continue to work together of some film music projects.
He rose to fame in the late 1980s for his work in Christopher Cain's action film Young Guns (1988). His 1993 score for the film My Forgotten Man earned him an AACTA Award nomination. He has worked with director John Herzfeld in 2 Days in the Valley (1996) and 15 Minutes (2001). Other credits include Jarrett Schaefer's directorial debut film Chapter 27 (2007), My Sexiest Year (2007) featuring collaborations with Dr. John, Jada Pinkett Smith's The Human Contract (2008).
- "Anthony Marinelli Filmography". Fandango. Retrieved May 16, 2012.
- Contemporary Keyboard - Volume 6 -1980 Page 179 "... (Brian Banks and Anthony Marinelli, duo synthesists) will offer a live performance of Tchaikovsky's Overture To Romeo & juliet and other works prior to the March 28 concert of the Los Angeles Philharmonic at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion ..."
- Maslin, Janet (August 12, 1988). "Young Guns (1988)". The New York Times. The New York Times Company. Retrieved May 16, 2012.
- "1993 Winners & Nominees". Australian Film Institute. Retrieved May 16, 2012.
- Berardinelli, James. "Fifteen Minutes". ReelViews. Retrieved May 16, 2012.
- Official website
- Anthony Marinelli at the Internet Movie Database
- Anthony Marinelli discography at Discogs
|This article on a United States composer born in the 20th century is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|