Anthony Monday (series)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Anthony Monday is a fictional character who appears in a series of children's gothic horror novels by John Bellairs. In most books, Anthony and his group of friends face and overcome various evil forces usually bent on ending the world.
Novels in the Anthony Monday Series
- Dedication: "For Keetah, who liked it when others didn't."
- After stumbling upon a clue in the public library, Anthony searches for the treasure long rumored to have been hidden by a wealthy, eccentric citizen of their small town.
- Dedication: "For Toby, a good editor and a good friend."
- Fourteen-year-old Anthony Monday of Hoosac, Minnesota, and his friend Miss Eells, the Hoosac librarian, try to stop an evil wizard from turning the world into an icy wasteland.
- No dedication
- Anthony Monday and Miss Eells recover a magic lamp that was stolen from a warlock’s tomb and is spreading evil to further the wicked ends of the thief.
- No dedication
- While spending the summer in an old house on a desolate Canadian island, Anthony Monday and Miss Eells discover a chest that can transport them to another world and a maniacal group who are plotting the destruction of people on Earth.
Novel Series Bibliography
|#||Title||Month||Year||# Chapter||# Page||Author||Illustrator|
|01||The Treasure of Alpheus Winterborn||May||1978||17||180||John Bellairs||Judith Gwyn Brown|
|02||The Dark Secret of Weatherend||Jul||1984||15||182||John Bellairs||Edward Gorey|
|03||The Lamp from the Warlock's Tomb||May||1988||14||168||John Bellairs||Edward Gorey|
|04||The Mansion in the Mist||Aug||1992||17||170||John Bellairs||Edward Gorey|
- Pascal Heldman, Irma: "Criminals at Large, but Not for Long" (article abstract), New York Times, April 30, 1978
- Parr, Caroline: "Kids Can Read Up a Storm", The Free-Lance Star, August 8, 2000
- Bellairs, John. The Treasure of Alpheus Winterborn. Harcourt Brace Jovanovich, 1978. ISBN 0152899367
- Bellairs, John. The Dark Secret of Weatherend. Dial Books for Young Readers, 1984. ISBN 0803700725
- Bellairs, John. The Lamp from the Warlock's Tomb. Dial Books for Young Readers, 1988. ISBN 0803705352
- Bellairs, John. The Mansion in the Mist. Dial Books for Young Readers, 1992. ISBN 0803708459
|This article about a character in children's literature is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|