Tony Little (headmaster)
Anthony Richard Morell "Tony" Little FRSA (born 1954) is a British schoolmaster. Little spent seven years as housemaster of Brentwood School, seven years as the headmaster of Chigwell School and five years as headmaster of Oakham School, before becoming the head master of Eton College on 4 September 2002.
Little was educated at Eton College in Berkshire where he was a music scholar, and at Corpus Christi College at the University of Cambridge where he was a choral scholar and gained an upper second class honours degree in English language and literature. He received a Master of Arts in English and education as well as Postgraduate Certificate in Education at Homerton College, Cambridge.
Little was an assistant master, teaching English, and then later a housemaster at Tonbridge School in Kent from 1977 to 1983. He served as a housemaster and head of English and drama at Brentwood School, Essex from 1983 to 1990. From 1990 to 1997, Little was Headmaster of Chigwell School in Essex. He then served as Headmaster of Oakham School in Rutland from 1997 to 2002. In July 2001, he was appointed Head Master of Eton College and assumed the post on 4 September 2002.
- Member of The Headmasters' and Headmistresses' Conference, 1990 to date
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts, 1991
- Honorary Educational Advisor to The World Trust of Janusz Piotrowicz
- Governor of Westminster Abbey Choir School
- Governor of Sevenoaks School
- Governor of Northwood College, 1990 to 1998
- Governor of St Albans School, 1994 to date
- Member of the Inspectorate of the Independent Schools Inspectorate
- Member of the East India Club
- Chairman of the Mvumi School Trust
- "Old boy takes up Eton headship". BBC News. British Broadcasting Company. 25 July 2001. Retrieved 19 July 2013.
- Clare, John (4 September 2002). "'Opening up Eton is the right thing to do'". London Telegraph. Retrieved 19 July 2013.
- Clare, John (24 December 2001). "Tradition with an eye on the future". London Telegraph. Retrieved 19 July 2013.
- "The World Trust: Trust Officers". .janusz.org. Retrieved 19 July 2013.
- "Chairman: Tony Little MA". The Trustees. Mvumi School Trust. Retrieved 19 July 2013.
- The Importance of Being Eton: Inside the World’s Most Powerful School by Nick Fraser (Short Books, 2006)
- headmaster page at Eton College
|Head master of Eton College
|This article relating to education in the UK is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This English biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|