Early life and education
Sedlak was born in Prince George, British Columbia and grew up in North Vancouver. At age 13, he began bussing at the Grouse Mountain cafeteria. He was soon promoted to the resort's main kitchen at 14, where he worked as production cook for what was then Bar 98. By 16 he was working at the Grouse Nest restaurant (now The Observatory). During this time he completed the Culinary Art Program at Carson Graham Secondary School in North Vancouver, followed by a four-year apprenticeship program at Vancouver Community College.
Following the advice of Sylvain Cuerrier, the executive chef for Grouse Mountain, 20-year-old Sedlak joined the team at La Trompette restaurant in west London where he worked under Chef Olivier Couillaud. With the experience and knowledge gained at La Trompette, Sedlak returned to Grouse Mountain Resorts where he was offered the position of sous-chef at The Observatory.
At 22, with the help of Chef Harold Bonkowski, head of the culinary arts department at VCC, Sedlak was selected as Canada's representative for the 2006 Hans Bueschken World Junior Chef Challenge in Auckland. He came away with a silver medal.
A few months later, Sedlak won Food Network's Superstar Chef Challenge II. After the win, he left The Observatory to shoot The Main, which premiered on 1 October 2007. Anthony was also a judge on the Food Network show Family Cook-Off.
Sedlak was found dead in his apartment in North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada on July 6, 2012. According to the coroner's report, Sedlak committed suicide by taking excessive amounts of cocaine and oxycodone. Shortly before his death, Sedlak filmed an appearance as a guest judge on the television programme, Anna & Kristina's Grocery Bag, which became his final television work. The episode in which Sedlak appeared aired on November 20, 2012, and featured a tribute to him at the end of the episode.
- Obituary:Anthony Lawrence Sedlak from Legacy.com 4 July 2012
- The Main
- Anthony Sedlak
- Hans Bueschkens Junior Chefs Challenge WACS.org, Retrieved on 2007 November 18.
- Anthony Sedlak Winner of Food Network's Superstar Chef Challenge
- See Canada's Hottest New Chef! Manitoba Food and Wine Show | October 14. Retrieved: 2007-11-18
- Local chefs are camera-ready Straight.com, September 27, 2007. Retrieved: 2007-11-18
- Superstar Chef Challenge II
- Local chefs are camera-ready
- Canada to be Represented by Young Chef from Grouse Mountain evalu8.org, 2006-02-09 Retrieved on 2007 November 18.
- www.scoutmagazine.ca by Andrew Morrison November 3, 2009
- On Set of Superstar Chef Anthony Sedlak's New Show Food for Thought. May 8, 2007. Retrieved: 2007-11-18
- Anthony Sedlak: Overdose Cause Of Vancouver Chef's Death from Huffington Post 6 May 2013
-  by Tori Floyd July 9, 2012
- Wallner, Anna (9 July 2012). "Twitter entry "Chef and author Anthony Sedlak has died. We just shot an episode with him a few weeks ago."". Retrieved 24 November 2012.
- Wallner, Anna; Matisic, Kristina (20 November 2012). "Cookbook Review: Whitewater Cooks with Friends". Anna & Kristina's Grocery Bag Season 4 Cookbook Reviews. Worldwide Bag Media. Retrieved 24 November 2012.
- Anthony Sedlak on the Internet Movie Database
- Anthony Sedlak, Host of The Main Food Network Canada
- interview with Anthony Sedlak by Joseph Planta Planta: On the Line
- Anthony Sedlak at the Chef and Restaurant Database