Anthony Theodore Lobo
|Anthony Theodore Felix Lobo|
|Bishop of Roman Catholic Diocese of Islamabad-Rawalpindi (Emeritus)|
Portrait of Bishop Anthony Theodore Lobo
|See||Roman Catholic Diocese of Islamabad-Rawalpindi|
|In office||1993 – 2010|
|Predecessor||Simeon Anthony Pereira|
|Ordination||January 8, 1961|
July 4, 1937|
|Died||February 18, 2013
|Previous post||Auxiliary Bishop of Karachi|
Anthony Theodore Felix Lobo (July 4, 1937 - February 18, 2013) was a Pakistani Roman Catholic bishop. On June 8, 1982 he was appointed Auxiliary Bishop of Karachi by Pope John Paul II. On 28 May 1993 he became Bishop of Islamabad–Rawalpindi.
Lobo was born in Karachi, Pakistan on July 4, 1937, to Joseph and Ermina Lobo, Catholics of Goan origin. He received his early education at Saint Patrick's High School and his religious training at the Christ the King seminary in Karachi, and was ordained a priest in Karachi on January 8, 1961. He also has degrees from the University of Karachi, Harvard and Paris.
Bishop Lobo made important contributions to education in the country. He was Principal of St. Lawrence's Boys School, Karachi and later of Saint Patrick's High School, Karachi. In November 1986 he founded St. Michael's Convent School. He was the author of many books on education. In recognition of his services to the cause of literature and education, the President of Pakistan conferred on him the President's "Pride of Performance " Award in 1990.
Bishop Lobo also served in the following positions:
- Chairman, Education Commission of Pakistan.
- Secretary General, Catholic Bishop Conference Of Pakistan.
- Chairman, Office of Education, Federation Of Asian Bishop's Conference.
- Member of Senate, Shah Abdul Latif University, Khairpur.
- Member of Senate, Sindh University, Jamshoro.
- Member of the board for Oasis magazine, Cairo, Egypt. The magazine focuses on the need for interreligious dialogue and peace.
On February 18, 2010, Bishop Lobo resigned as Bishop of Islamabad-Rawalpindi due to ill health and was automatically succeeded by Bishop Rufin Anthony.
Bishop Lobo died on the morning of February 18, 2013 at Rawalpindi-Islamabad, Pakistan  The Express Tribune asked Yolande Henderson, a former headmistress of St Patrick’s to write a tribute to the late Bishop Lobo.
- The Pilot 30/6/2006[dead link]
- Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada[dead link]
- The Manila Times, December 04, 2005[dead link]
- The Frontier Post 18 February 2013
- Australian Catholic University Accessed 7 November 2010
- "Faith sustains Pakistani Catholics, says visiting bishop".
- Catholic Hierarchy
- "Obituary: Bishop Anthony passes away". The Express Tribune. 19 February 2013. Retrieved 19 February 2013.
- The Express Tribune 13 March 2013