|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2008)|
|Stable release||2.5.0 / October 1, 2006|
Anti-Grain Geometry (AGG) is a high-quality 2D rendering library written in C++. It features anti-aliasing and sub-pixel resolution. It is not a graphics library, per se, but rather a framework to build a graphics library upon.
The library is operating system independent and renders to an abstract memory object. It comes with examples interfaced to the X Window System, Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, AmigaOS, BeOS, SDL. The examples also include an SVG viewer.
The design of AGG uses C++ templates only at a very high level, rather than extensively, to achieve the flexibility to plug custom classes into the rendering pipeline, without requiring a rigid class hierarchy, and allows the compiler to inline many of the method calls for high performance. For a library of its complexity, it is remarkably lightweight: it has no dependencies above the standard C++ libraries and it avoids the C++ STL in the implementation of the basic algorithms. The implicit interfaces are not well documented, however, and this can make the learning process quite cumbersome.
While AGG version 2.5 is licensed under the GNU General Public License, version 2 or greater, AGG version 2.4 is still available under the 3-clause BSD license and is virtually the same as version 2.5.
Development of the C++ AGG library stalled after the v2.5 release, apparently due to the sudden death of developer Максим Шеманарев. Development continues on a fork of the more liberally licensed v2.4 on SourceForge.net.
The Haiku operating system uses AGG in its windowing system.
Graphical version of Rebol language interpreter is using AGG for scalable vector graphics DRAW dialect.
Hilti uses it in some of their rebar detection tools, like the PS 1000.
HTTPhotos uses AGG to scale photos.
- AGG at sourceforge a copy of original website (created due to discontinuation of original site)
- Updated fork of v2.4 that maintains the original BSD license.
- agg-sharp Is a c# port of the c++ library.
- AggPas is an Object Pascal port of the c++ library.
- AggPasMod is a modernized Object Pascal port of the c++ library.
- AntiGrainRT is a WinRT wrapper for Windows Store and Windows Phone.
- "Matplotlib 1.1 documentation". Archived from the original on 15 May 2011. Retrieved 2011-04-08.
- "fpGUI Toolkit news". Archived from the original on 23 April 2012. Retrieved 2013-05-14.
- "Pdfium Source". Retrieved 22 May 2014.
|This graphics software–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|