Antiquorum is the world’s premier auctioneers of modern and vintage timepieces. Established in Geneva in 1974, Antiquorum has carved an unparalleled niche in the auction world through its focused expertise in horology and by cultivating a thriving collector's market for timepieces including Patek Phillipe, Rolex, Audemars Piguet, Panerai, IWC and other fine timepieces. Antiquorum was the first auction house to auction fine watches over the Internet in the 1990s.
The company was founded in Geneva in 1974 by Osvaldo Patrizzi and expanded to have branches in ten cities, including New York, London, Moscow, Paris, Milan, Munich, Shanghai, and Tokyo. Patrizzi sold 50% of his equity to ArtistHouse Holdings in 2006. In June 2007 he was removed by the board of directors and later filed a number of lawsuits.
Antiquorum conducts auctions in Geneva, New York and Hong Kong about ten times a year, preceded by previews in various major cities worldwide. Antiquorum has hosted the Only Watch auction for Muscular Dystrophy since its inception.
Antiquorum owns the Internet horology information and discussion site TimeZone.
Setting World Records
Antiquorum consistently auctions timepieces with exceptional provenance and rarity and has set many world records. An impressive 44 of the 62 watches sold publicly by a major auction house for over SFr. 1,000,000 were sold by Antiquorum. In 2002, Antiquorum set the all-time world record for a wristwatch at auction, selling a unique 1939 platinum Patek Philippe World Time Ref. 1415 for US$ 4,026,524 (SFr. 6,603,500) - more than double the previous world record.
Gandhi's Pocket Watch
- http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/2010/11/25/the-worlds-largest-watch-auction-house-is-now-on-your-iphone.html Antiquorum Auctioneers now on the iphone
- http://www.jckonline.com/article/CA6307138.html Japanese firm is a new partner of Antiquorum
- http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424053111904140604576498142886377556.html Only Watch Auction in Monaco selling 40 unique watches by 40 brands.
- http://www.jckonline.com/2007/01/19/antiquorum-buys-timezonecom Antiquorum acquires www.timezone.com
- http://www.watchtime.com/2009/09/patek-world-records-at-antiquorums-new-york-sale/ Patek world record set at Antiquorum New York auction
- http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2011/0328/billionaires-11-possessions-vijay-mallya-gandhi-memories.html Antiquorum auctions Gandhi's pocketwatch and glasses
- http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/7925686.stm Gandhi items 'to return to India'