|Born||Lebanon, Missouri, United States|
|Alma mater||Columbia University|
|Awards||Rome Prize (1985), AIA Gold Medal (2006), National Design Award (2007)|
|Design||Angular, brutalist-type building designs|
Antoine Predock (born 1936 in Lebanon, Missouri) is an American architect based in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Antoine Predock is the Principal of Antoine Predock Architect PC. The studio was established in 1967. Predock attended the University of New Mexico and later received his Bachelor of Architecture from Columbia University.
Predock first gained national attention with the La Luz community in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The Nelson Fine Arts Center at Arizona State University was his first nationally won design competition. Mr. Predock's work includes the Turtle Creek House, built in 1993 for bird enthusiasts along a prehistoric trail in Texas, the Tang Teaching Museum and Art Gallery at Skidmore College, and a new ballpark for the San Diego Padres. He has also worked on international sites such as the National Palace Museum Southern Branch in Southern Taiwan and the Canadian Museum for Human Rights in Winnipeg, Manitoba, both of which are currently in design phases.
In 1985, Antoine Predock was awarded the Rome Prize. In 1989, he won a New Mexico Governor's Award for Excellence in the Arts. In 2006, he won the AIA Gold Medal. In 2007, Predock was awarded a Lifetime Achievement Award from the Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum. In 2010, Predock was named a Senior Fellow of the Design Futures Council.
Predock's design has been highly influenced by his connection to New Mexico.
- 1970 - La Luz Community, New Mexico
- 1971 - University of New Mexico Law School building
- 1979 - Albuquerque Museum, New Mexico
- 1982 - Rio Grande Nature Center, New Mexico
- 1989 - Nelson Fine Arts Center, Arizona State University, Arizona
- 1990 - Las Vegas Central Library + Children’s Museum, Nevada
- 1991 - Mandell Weiss Forum, University of California, San Diego
- 1991 - Venice Beach House, California
- 1992 - Classroom + Laboratory Building, California State Polytechnic University, Pomona (Cal Poly Pomona)
- 1992 - Hotel Santa Fe at Euro Disney, France
- 1993 - American Heritage Center, University of Wyoming
- 1993 - Turtle Creek House, Texas
- 1994 - Mesa Public Library, Los Alamos, New Mexico
- 1994 - Social Sciences + Humanities Building, University of California, Davis
- 1994 - Thousand Oaks Civic Center, California
- 1995 - Museum of Science & Industry, Florida
- 1995 - Ventana Vista School, Arizona
- 1996 - Center for Integrated Systems, Stanford University, California
- 1996 - Music Conservatory, University of California, Santa Cruz
- 1997 - Arizona Science Center, Arizona
- 1997 - Center for Nanoscale Science + Technology, Rice University, Texas
- 1997 - Dance Studio, University of California, San Diego
- 1997 - Spencer Theater, New Mexico
- 2000 - McNamara Alumni Center, University of Minnesota
- 2000 - Tang Teaching Museum - Skidmore College, New York
- 2003 - Robert Hoag Rawlings Public Library, Colorado
- 2003 - Tacoma Art Museum, Washington
- 2004 - Austin City Hall, Texas
- 2004 - Flint RiverQuarium, Georgia
- 2004 - Performing Arts + Learning Center, Pima Community College, Arizona
- 2004 - San Diego Padres Petco Park, California
- 2004 - National Palace Museum Southern Branch, Taiwan, withdrawn in 2008
- 2006 - Discovery Canyon Campus, Colorado
- 2006 - Highlands Pond House
- 2006 - Recreation Facility, Ohio State University, Ohio
- 2007 - George Pearl Hall, School of Architecture, University of New Mexico
- 2007 - Indian Community School, Franklin, Wisconsin
- 2007 - Doudna Fine Arts Center, Eastern Illinois University
- 2008 - Trinity River Audubon Center, Dallas, Texas
- In Progress - Canadian Museum for Human Rights, Winnipeg, Manitoba
- In Progress - Cornerstone Arts Center, Colorado College
- In Progress - Inn at the French Laundry, California
- "Past Recipients". New Mexico Museum of Art. Retrieved 5 August 2013.
- "Lifetime Achievement Winner: Antoine Predock". Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum. Archived from the original on 25 September 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-22.
- Design Futures Council Senior Fellows http://www.di.net/about/senior_fellows/
- "Architectural firm quits museum branch project". Taipei Times.
"Antoine Predock: A Case of Synthetic Inclusivity", L'arquitettura, March 1988, p.p. 178-198 (in Italian and English)(Comprehensive Theoretico/critical review article by Anthony C.Antoniades)
- San Diego Union-Tribune article
- Illustrated page on the Nelson Fine Arts Center in Tempe Arizona
- Antoine Predock's web page
- Modern Home in Dallas, Texas Designed by Architect Antoine Predock
- Indian Community School, Franklin, Wisconsin
- Predock's Architecture School, by Susan Smith, ArchitectureWeek No. 408, 2008.1210, pD1-1.