23 February 1947
Solothurn, Swiss Jura
|Cooking style||cuisine naturelle|
Anton Mosimann OBE, DL (born 23 February 1947) is a Swiss chef and restaurateur who was Maitre Chef des Cuisines at the Dorchester Hotel for thirteen years, during which time its restaurant achieved a rating of two stars in the Michelin Guide. After leaving the Dorchester Mosimann created a private dining club called Mosimann's, a cookery school, and other enterprises in the hospitality industry. He has also presented television programmes in the UK and Switzerland.
Mosimann terms his culinary style cuisine naturelle as it emphasises healthy and natural ingredients, avoiding additions of fat and alcohol.
Early life and career 
Mosimann was born on 23 February 1947 in Solothurn, in the foothills of the Swiss Jura, to Otto and Helga Mosimann. From his childhood he assisted in a restaurant that his parents ran in Nidau. He was an only child.
The Dorchester 
Mosimann was appointed Maitre Chef de Cuisines at London's Dorchester Hotel in 1975, when he was only 28 years old. His predecessor, Eugène Käufeler, had asked for advice on the appointment from Adelrich Furrer, a Swiss expert on gastronomy. Mosimann had come to Furrer's attention when he won a Gold Medal for his cooking, at a competition in Lucerne. When the Dorchester's restaurant achieved a two star rating in the Michelin Guide it was the first hotel restaurant outside of France to do so.
Cuisine naturelle 
Mosimann has said "I created what I call cuisine naturelle. Its main characteristic is that it does without such ingredients as butter, cream, and alcohol. The focus is concentrated even more on the flavour of the individual ingredients. The dishes are only lightly cooked. In nouvelle cuisine and also cuisine naturelle, enormous emphasis is put on the presentation of the dishes." His book, Cuisine Naturelle, was published in 1985.
Later career 
After leaving the Dorchester Mosimann opened a private dining club in a converted Scottish Presbyterian church in Belgravia in 1988. His business interests also include Mosimann’s Academy and Mosimann’s Party Service. In 2000, he received the Royal Warrant of Appointment to HRH The Prince of Wales for catering.
His English television work includes the Food and Drink special Anton Goes to Sheffield in 1985, which won a Glenfiddich Award in 1986, Cooking with Mosimann in 1990, and Anton Mosimann – Naturally from 1991 to 1992.
In 2011, he was chosen to cook for the 300 guests at the evening reception of the Wedding of Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, and Catherine Middleton in Buckingham Palace.
In 2004 Mosimann received the OBE, "For services to the Tourist and Food Industries". He is also a chevalier of the French Ordre National du Mérite Agricole. and was appointed a Deputy Lieutenant of Greater London in 2011.
- Cuisine à la Carte, 1981
- A New Style of Cooking, 1983
- Cuisine Naturelle, 1985
- Anton Mosimann's Fish Cuisine, 1988
- The Art of Mosimann, 1989
- Cooking with Mosimann, 1989
- Anton Mosimann – Naturally, 1991
- The Essential Mosimann, 1993
- Mosimann's World, 1996
- Natürlich, leichtes Kochen mit Anton Mosimann, 1996
- Mosimann's Kulinarische Schweiz, 1998
- Mosimann's Vegetarische Küche, 1999
- Mosimann's Natürliche Küche, 2001
- Mosimann’s Fresh, 2006
- "Anton Mosimann, Esq, OBE, DL Authorised Biography – Debrett’s People of Today, Anton Mosimann, Esq, OBE, DL Profile". Debretts.com. 1947-02-23. Retrieved 2013-02-23.
- "An interview with Anton Mosimann". London: Guardian News and Media Limited.
- The International Who's Who 2004. Europa Publications. 2004. p. 1176.
- Bridge, Rachel (17 July 2005). "How I Made It: Anton Mosimann, founder of Mosimann’s". Sunday Times (UK). Retrieved 17 February 2011.
- "Anton Mosimann: Master chef turns 60". The Independent (London). 23 February 2007. Retrieved 17 February 2011.
- "Anton Mosimann OBE – Career". Mosiman's. Retrieved 17 February 2011.
- Nicholls, David. "Anton Mosimann". Global Chefs. Retrieved 17 February 2011.
- Düblin, Christian. "Anton Mosimann interviewed by Christian Düblin". Xecutives.net. Retrieved 17 February 2011.
- "MOSIMANN'S LIMITED". Royal Warrant Directory. The Royal Warrant Holders Association. Retrieved 17 February 2011.
- (in English) By Royal Appointment. ITV3. 2012. Event occurs at 8:00pm. http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=319628. Retrieved 2012-06-24.
- Rohrer, Finlo (21 April 2009). "How celebrity chefs change the way we eat". BBC. Retrieved 17 February 2011.
- Nicholl, Katie (2 May 2011). "Harry pays tribute to William 'the dude'... but ditches his comments about Kate's killer legs in speech that left her 'touched'". Daily Mail (London).
- "Order of the British Empire: K-Z". BBC. 31 December 2003. Retrieved 16 February 2011.
- "The Queen's treat for Prince William's chef". The Daily Telegraph (London). 6 May 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Anton Mosimann|