Antonio Galloni is an American wine critic, and from 2006 to 2013 a tasting staff member of Robert Parker's publication The Wine Advocate. In May 2013, Galloni founded Vinous (http://vinousmedia.com).
In 2004 Galloni began publication of the Piedmont Report newsletter profiling the wine of Piedmont. In 2006, he was recruited by Robert Parker to join The Wine Advocate as a reviewer of Italian wine, and became a contributor to Parker's Wine Buyer’s Guide. In January 2011, as Parker restructured the coverage of his staff of reviewers and announced he would no longer review California wine, Galloni's area of coverage was expanded to include California, Champagne, Chablis and the Côte d'Or.
In March 2013 it was reported that The Wine Advocate had filed a federal lawsuit against Galloni five weeks after his departure for breach of contract, fraud and defamation. The lawsuit, filed in U.S. District Court in Maryland, advancing the complaint, was never served. All the articles cited in the case have subsequently appeared on Galloni's Vinous Media website.
In February 2013, following the announcement by Parker that he was stepping down as editor-in-chief of the The Wine Advocate and had sold a controlling stake to a Singapore investor, Galloni announced himself that he would leave the publication and establish his own internet publication, launched under the brand Vinous (http://vinousmedia.com). Aimed towards a broader demographic of wine consumers, Galloni has stated he will continue to report on the wines of Italy, Champagne, California and Burgundy. Galloni has stated he will cover wines from Bordeaux from the 2013 vintage, as well as craft spirits.
- Bonné, Jon, San Francisco Chronicle (February 7, 2011). Robert Parker passes the California torch
- Official Vinous website (May 20, 2013). About
- Goldberg, Howard G., Decanter.com (September 1, 2006). "Parker announces new staff".
- Comiskey, Patrick, Los Angeles Times (October 15, 2008). "Robert Parker shares his soapbox World of wine scores".
- Yarrow, Alder, vinography.com (February 5, 2011). The End of an Era: Robert Parker Stops Reviewing California Wine
- Colman, Tyler, drvino.com (December 29, 2009). SIPPED: upgrading label info?
- Bonné, Jon, San Francisco Chronicle (March 20, 2013). The Wine Advocate sues Antonio Galloni
- Lechmere, Adam, Decanter.com (March 21, 2013). Robert Parker's Wine Advocate sues Antonio Galloni for fraud and defamation
- Asimov, Eric, The New York Times (March 21, 2013). Robert Parker vs. Antonio Galloni
- Shanken News Daily (March 21, 2013). Parker’s Advocate Suing Former Contributor Galloni In Federal Court
- Official Vinous website. Articles
- Asimov, Eric, The New York Times (February 12, 2013).A New Web Venture for Antonio Galloni
- Barmann, Jay, GrubStreet.com (February 12, 2013). Robert Parker Protégé Antonio Galloni Leaves The Wine Advocate to Launch New Web Venture
- Woodard, Richard, Decanter,com (February 14, 2013). Galloni leaves Wine Advocate
- VinousMedia.com official site