|Date of birth:||November 30, 1979|
|Place of birth:||Rahway, New Jersey|
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||320 lb (145 kg)|
|NFL draft:||2003 – 6th round – 195th pick|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2012|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Antonio Garay Jr. (born November 30, 1979) is a former American football nose tackle. He was drafted by the Cleveland Browns in the sixth round of the 2003 NFL Draft. He played college football and wrestled at Boston College. He was a Wrestling All American placing 4th at the NCAA Championships his sophomore year at Boston College.
Garay is Jewish. Garay's mother is Jewish and his father is a Catholic of Jamaican, Costa Rican, and Puerto Rican descent. He was exposed to both parents' faiths. He attended Rahway High School in Rahway, New Jersey, and was a standout offensive and defensive lineman. He was also the NJSIAA 275 lb (125 kg). state and national wrestling champion in 1998.
Garay spent two seasons with the Chicago Bears and was a member of the 2006 NFC Championship team. In a December 2007 game against the Washington Redskins, Garay was injured by an illegal block. He was placed on injured reserve for the remainder of the 2007 season. On March 8, 2008, the Chicago Bears announced that they would part ways with the defensive tackle, and he became an unrestricted free agent on February 29, 2008.
New York Jets
On October 20, 2009, the New York Jets announced that they had signed Garay to their practice squad.
San Diego Chargers
Garay was signed off of the New York Jets' practice squad on December 9, 2009, by the San Diego Chargers. He was re-signed to a two-year deal on March 6, 2010. Garay was able to earn the starting job at nose tackle for the bulk of the 2010 season, and he finished 2010 with 48 tackles and 5.5 sacks, leading all San Diego defensive linemen in both categories.
Second stint with the Jets
- "Antonio Garay: The nose tackle who drives a Hello Kitty smart car". Yahoo Sports.
- "2011 NFL Football Preview". Jewish Sports Review 8 (87): 6–7. September–October 2011.
- Jewish Sports Review, September/October 2010, Vol. 7, Issue 81
- Chris Jenkins. "Comeback by Chargers' Garay wasn't kids' play". U-T San Diego.
- Orr, Conor (March 15, 2013). "Jets sign former Chargers nose tackle Antonio Garay". The Star-Ledger. Archived from the original on March 15, 2013. Retrieved March 15, 2013.
- Lange, Randy (31 August 2013). "Jets Move 22, Get Down to 53-Man Active Roster". New York Jets. Archived from the original on 1 September 2013. Retrieved 1 September 2013.