Mirante playing for Parma in 2012
|Full name||Antonio Mirante|
|Date of birth||8 July 1983|
|Place of birth||Castellammare di Stabia, Italy|
|2004–2005||→ Crotone (loan)||41||(0)|
|2005–2006||→ Siena (loan)||26||(0)|
|2007–2008||→ Sampdoria (loan)||13||(0)|
|2009–2010||→ Parma (loan)||37||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 16 May 2012.
† Appearances (Goals).
He was back to Juventus in 2006 due to Juventus relegation to Serie B and was capped for the first time when first choice goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon was red carded against U.C. AlbinoLeffe in the 24th minute.
In June 2010, Sampdoria decided not to buy Rossi but sold Mirante to Parma. The Genoa club bought the remaining half from Juventus for another €1.5M and sold to Parma for €3.6M, despite losing its 'keeper Luca Castellazzi to Internazionale and failing to sign Marco Storari from Milan, who had been on loan at the club.
Mirante has since 2009 been a regular in Parma's team, missing just 3 of 76 Serie A matches.
He was a member of Italy U-21 team in 2006 UEFA European Under-21 Football Championship, as an unused substitute. He has not made a debut in U-20 & U-21 level, despite having been called up six times.
Updated 16 May 2012
- Siena prende Mirante
- Statistiche su Footballdatabase.com
- UFFICIALE: Sampdoria, acquisita la metà di Mirante
- Pagina dedicata al giocatore sul sito della Sampdoria
- Parma FC Report and Accounts on 30 June 2011 (Italian)
- FIGC – Statistiche in Nazionale
- "Prandelli presenta la sua Italia: "Regole, ma anche generosità e qualità"". FIGC (in Italian). 8 August 2010. Retrieved 9 August 2010.