Antonio Smith (defensive end)
Smith during training camp in 2010.
No. 94 Oakland Raiders
|Date of birth:October 21, 1981|
|Place of birth: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma|
|High school: Oklahoma City (OK) Marshall|
|College: Oklahoma State|
|NFL Draft: 2004 / Round: 5 / Pick: 135|
|Debuted in 2004 for the Arizona Cardinals|
Career highlights and awards
Career NFL statistics as of 2013
Antonio DeShonta Smith (born October 21, 1981), nicknamed the Ninja Assassin, is an American football defensive tackle for the Oakland Raiders of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football for Oklahoma State University, and was drafted by the Arizona Cardinals in the fifth round of the 2004 NFL Draft.
Smith has also played for the Houston Texans.
Smith was drafted 135th overall in the 2004 NFL Draft and was the starting left defensive end. During the 2008 NFL Season, Smith played in every game and had 2 forced fumbles and 3.5 sacks. Despite a great performance during the course of the season, the Cardinals chose not to re-sign him and let him go into free agency.
In 2013, Smith was suspended for week one after an incident in the preseason in which he removed Miami Dolphins lineman Richie Incognito's helmet and swung it at him. On November 29, 2013, he was fined $15,750 for hitting Jacksonville Jaguars' quarterback Chad Henne in the head and neck region.
|Year||Team||GP||COMB||TOTAL||AST||SACK||FF||FR||FR YDS||INT||IR YDS||AVG IR||LNG||TD||PD|
- GP: games played
- COMB: combined tackles
- TOTAL: total tackles
- AST: assisted tackles
- SACK: sacks
- FF: forced fumbles
- FR: fumble recoveries
- FR YDS: fumble return yards
- INT: interceptions
- IR YDS: interception return yards
- AVG IR: average interception return
- LNG: longest interception return
- TD: interceptions returned for touchdown
- PD: passes defensed
Smith has two children, Antonio Smith Jr. (2003) and Winter Smith (2009).
Smith along with his sister Antwonette Smith founded Little People With Big Challenges Non Profit Foundation. The organization has a mission to fight childhood obesity. www.littlepeoplewithbigchallenges.org
- "Oklahoma State Profile". okstate.com.
- "Texans C Myers, DE Smith added to Pro Bowl roster". abclocal.go.com. Retrieved January 19, 2012.
- McIntyre, Brian (August 20, 2013). "Report: Texans DE Antonio Smith to be suspended for Week 1 after helmet swinging incident". Yahoo! Sports. Retrieved August 21, 2013.
- Schefter, Adam. "Former Texans DE Antonio Smith just signed a 2-year, $9M deal with the Raiders.". Twitter. Retrieved 14 March 2014.
- "Antonio Smith Stats". ESPN. ESPN Internet Ventures. Retrieved 18 September 2014.