Antonio de Luca
||This article has an unclear citation style. (January 2014)|
|Antonio de Luca|
|Born||Antonio Enrico de Luca
24 August 1975
|Known for||Creative direction, Art Direction, Editorial Design, Longform|
|Notable work(s)||Self Publish, Be Happy, FIve Dials, The Walrus magazine|
|Movement||Default, Minimalism, Moderism|
|Awards||Art Directors Club, Society of Publication Design, Society of News Design, TIME magazine, The Guardian, Photo-eye, American Illustration & American Photography, Communication Arts, Advertising & Design Club of Canada, The Canadian National Magazine Awards.|
Antonio de Luca (born 24 August 1975) is a Canadian creative director and photo-book designer based in Berlin. He works internationally with artists, curators and editors to realise effective projects in print and digital longforms. In 2010 Antonio partnered with Bruno Ceschel's organisation Self Publish, Be Happy as art director to design, promote and publish self-published photo books. In 2013 Antonio became the art director and designer of Five Dials a digital literary magazine published from London by Hamish Hamilton.
As art director for Self Publish, Be Happy de Luca was awarded Best Photography Books of 2012 by The Guardian, The Best Books of 2012 by Photo-Eye and TIME’s Best of 2012: The Photobooks We Loved. He has also recently curated FOLLOW ME for EITHER/AND commissioned by The National Media Museum London, on Man-kinds desire to follow.
- (2013) SPBH Vol. IV by Mariah Robertson. Published by Self Publish, Be Happy.
- (2013) Occupy São Paulo by Carlos Cazalis. ISBN 978-3-86828-400-3.
- (2013) SPBH Vol. III by Cristina De Middel. Published by Self Publish, Be Happy.
- (2012) SPBH Vol. II by Brad Feuerhelm. Published by Self Publish, Be Happy.
- (2012) SPBH Vol I by Adam Broomberg and Oliver Chanarin. Published by Self Publish, Be Happy.
- (2012) Geneva Test by Adrien Guillet. ISBN 978-2-9700713-6-5
- (2012) American Photography 27. ISBN 978-1-886212-36-7
- (2011) Self Publish Be Naughty. Published by Self Publish, Be Happy.
- Self Publish, Be Happy
- Five Dials
- , The Guardian - Best Photography Books of 2012.
- Photo-Eye, Photo-Eye - The Best Books of 2012. SPBH Vol. I by Adam Broomberg and Oliver Chanarin & Vol. II by Brad Feuerhelm.
- , TIME’s Best of 2012: The Photobooks We Loved by Adam Broomberg and Oliver Chanarin.
-  Either/And for The National Media Museum London
- The 100 $HOW™