Golec playing for Sydney FC in 2008
|Full name||Antony Paul Golec|
|Date of birth||29 May 1990|
|Place of birth||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia|
|Height||1.94 m (6 ft 4 in)|
|Playing position||Left Back
|Western Sydney Wanderers|
|2014–||Western Sydney Wanderers||7||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 10:26, 22 April 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Golec was a member of the inaugural Sydney FC National Youth League squad in 2008/2009. On 25 October 2008, Golec made his debut for Sydney FC against Melbourne Victory. He also got his chance against Perth Glory and was praised by his coaches after the game of his great performance. He went onto make a total of 10 appearances for Sydney FC.
On 26 September 2011, it was announced that Golec had signed a one-year contract with Adelaide United. On 22 December 2011, Golec made his debut for Adelaide United coming on the 82nd Minute for Fabian Barbiero. Golec made his home debut as left back on 30 December 2011 against Wellinghton Phoenix, scoring his first A-League goal in the 61st minute, Adelaide went on to win 2-0. On 19 March 2012, it was announced Golec had signed an undisclosed contract with Adelaide United for a further two years, which will keep him in Australia until 2014.
On 8 January 2014, after three years at the club, it was announced that Golec would be going to China to explore an opportunity to play for Chinese Super League side Liaoning Whowin. However, his transfer was blocked after failing to pass the physical examination.
Western Sydney Wanderers
On 4 February 2014, it was announced that Adelaide United released Golec. On the same day he signed with Western Sydney Wanderers. However, since there are no spaces remaining in the club's A-League squad, Golec will only be eligible to participate in Western Sydney Wanderers's 2014 AFC Champions League campaign during the 2013–14 season.
On 12 March, Golec made his debut in the starting 11 for the club against Chinese Super League side Guizhou Renhe in the 2014 AFC Champions League. Wanderers went on to win the game 1-0 away from home.
In 2009 Golec made his international debut for the Australian national Under 20 team's in Argentina, Playing full games against Uruguay and USA and making 2 more appearances. Golec was also part of the 30 man squad in the lead up to the 2009 FIFA Under 20's World Cup in Egypt.
In 2010 Golec made is Australia Olympic football team debut under Aurelio Vidmar and Paul Okon. Playing full games against DPR Korea, (who competed in the 2010 World Cup in Africa) and the Kuwait under 23 National team.
(Correct as of 19 March 2014)
|Western Sydney Wanderers||2013–14||-||-||-||-||7||0||7||0|
1 - includes AFC Champions League statistics are included in season commencing after group stages (i.e. 2011 ACL in 2011-12 A-League season etc.)
With Sydney FC:
- A-League Premiership: 2009-2010
- A-League Championship: 2009-2010
- National Youth League Championship: 2008-2009
- Golec’s chance for glory
- Sydney FC coach John Kosmina to give debuts to Beau Busch and Antony Golec
- Kosmina hopes debutants can swim
- Adelaide United secure Golec for Season Seven. a-league.com.au.
- Reds sign Golec on two year deal. footballaustralia.com.au. Retrieved 19 March 2012.
- .footballaustralia.com.au. Retrieved 8 January 2014.
- "Adelaide United and Antony Golec part ways". Football Federation Australia. 4 February 2014.
- Gatt, Ray (4 February 2014). "Wanderers sign Antony Golec to strengthen defence for Asia campaign". The Australian.
- Osieck & Vidmar name training camp squad. footballaustralia.com.au. Retrieved 19 October 2011.