Anurag Thakur (born Anurag Singh Thakur) is a member of Lok Sabha from Hamirpur in Himachal Pradesh in India. He is son of Prem Kumar Dhumal the former Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh. He was elected to Lok Sabha in May 2008 in a by poll as a candidate of Bharatiya Janata Party. He is the currently Joint Secretary of BCCI.
He has won once again from Hamirpur representing BJP in 2014 Lok Sabha Elections.
Early life and education
Born on 24 October 1974 at Hamirpur, Anurag Thakur is the elder son of Prem Kumar Dhumal the former Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh and Sheela Devi.
He studied at Dayanand Model School, Jalandhar, Punjab. He was a good cricketer in his school. and later did his B.A. from Doaba College, Jalandhar.
Anurag Thakur is the current President of Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association. Anurag became the youngest President of Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association at the Age of 25 years. In May 2008, he succeeded his father when he was elected as member of parliament of India from Hamirpur constituency. He is credited of making Himachal Pradesh capable of hosting international standard cricket at HPCA Stadium in Dharamshala.
Anurag was given a new responsibility. BJP president Nitin Gadkari appointed him the president of the All India Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha.
- Member of Parliament from Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh
- President of BJYM .
- President Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association.
- Became youngest President of Himachal Pradesh State Cricket Association at the age of 25.
- Became youngest national selector at the age of 26 years in the year 2001 to select Indian Junior Cricket teams.
- President of State Rifle Association, Himachal Pradesh.
- General Secretary, Himachal Pradesh Olympic Association.
- General Secretary, Hockey Himachal Pradesh.
- Executive Member, India Olympic Association.
- Joint secretary, BCCI
He is married to Shefali Thakur, daughter of Gulab Singh Thakur, former Public Works Department minister in the government of Himachal Pradesh, on 27 November 2002.