||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013)|
Anusha Dandekar unveils MTV The ONE
|Native name||अनुषा दांडेकर|
9 January 1981 |
|Occupation||VJ, Host, Actress, Singer|
|Home town||Kingsgrove, Sydney, Australia|
Anusha Dandekar is an Indian VJ, actress and singer.
Anusha was born on 9 January 1981 in Omdurman, Sudan. She has two sisters, Shibani Dandekar and Apeksha Dandekar. Shibani was a contestant on Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa. Anusha's family is Marathi and is originally from Pune, Maharashtra in India. She grew up in Kingsgrove, Sydney, Australia.
In 2002, Dandekar moved to Mumbai, Maharashtra. She hosts a fashion television show, MTV’s House of Style. She also hosts MTV Dance Crew, MTV Teen Diva and MTV News. She won Best VJ at the Cosmopolitan Fun Fearless Female Awards in 2009. Her sister, Shibani Dandekar was a contestant on Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa.
She made her acting debut in Bollywood with Mumbai Matinee and went on to do Viruddh. Anusha starred in the musical Miss Bollywood, in which she portrayed an ambitious dancer. Her role in the film Viruddh saw her acting alongside noted Bollywood actors Amitabh Bachchan and John Abraham. This performance won her the Best Debut at the Maharashtra Times Awards. The movie also starred Sanjay Dutt and Sharmila Tagore. She also acted as Rosa in Anthony Kaun Hai? starring Arshad Warsi and Sanjay Dutt. Later she debuted in Marathi film industry with her role as 'Ashwini' in Jai Jai Maharashtra Majha. 
Anusha has graced several magazine covers and appeared in Cosmopolitian, Elle and Seventeen. She has also been the face of several major brands, including Reebok and Lee Jeans. Anusha has been nominated for awards at Filmfare, Stardust and Star Screen. She won Femina’s 50 Most Beautiful Women award in 2012 and recently has been part of the "India’s Most Beautiful" list for People Magazine.
After months in the United States recording tracks, Anusha is released her international debut single, "Better Than Your Ex", in 2012.
- 2004 – Nominated for ‘Most Exciting New Face’ Stardust Awards
- 2006 – Nominated for Stardust ‘Best Newcomer in a Supporting Role'
- 2006 – Won the Maharashtra Times Sanmaan “Best Debut” award
- 2007 – Nominated for ‘Best Face’ for Filmfare
- 2009 – Won Best VJ at the Cosmopolitan Fun Fearless Female Awards.
- 2010 – Won “50 Most beautiful Women in India Award” Femina Magazine.
- Tuscan Verve – 2004
- Lee Jeans – 2006 to 2008
- MTV Style Clothing – 2002 to present
- Reebok – 2006 to 2007
|Jai Jai Maharashtra Maaza||2012||Ashwini Stevenson|
|Delhi Belly||2011||VJ Sophaya|
|City of Gold (2010)||2010||Manasi|
|Anthony Kaun Hai||2006||Rosa|
|Mumbai Matinee||2003||Anusha the Temptress|
- Better than your EX (International Debut Single) (2012): Anusha
- Kharade, Pallavi (August 9, 2006). "'People like anything about celebrities'". Times of India. Retrieved January 11, 2012.
- Sen, Zinia (July 1, 2009). "I've never faced racism". Times of India. Retrieved January 11, 2012.
- "Here are the talkies!". The Hindu (Chennai, India). 2005-09-14. Retrieved 2008-02-13.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Anusha Dandekar.|
- Official website
- Anusha Dandekar at the Internet Movie Database
- Detailed Profile
- Anusha Dandekar on Facebook
- Anusha Dandekar on Twitter
- Anusha Dandekar on Google+
|This article about an Indian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an Australian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|