Anwar Hossain (photographer)
Hossain has written number of books on photography. His photography captured the Liberation war of Bangladesh. He was the cinematographer of the film Shyamol Chhaya directed by Humayun Ahmed. Hossain has won more than 60 international awards in photography. Hossain has also filmed 15 fictions and 30 documentary films. He was graduated in Architecture from BUET and received higher degree in Film from Pune University.
- Surja Dighal Bari ( La Maison Tragique ),1979
- Emiler Goenda Bahini,1980
- Bostrobalikara: Garment Girls of Bangladesh (TV documentary)
- Shyamol Chhaya (as Anwar Husain), 2004
- Lalsalu, 2002
- Chitra Nodir Pare (Quiet Flows the River Chitra), 1999
- Nadir Naam Madhumati (A River Named Madhumati), 1994
- Three Beauties, (producer), 2006
- Swapnabhumi: The Promised Land, 2007
Awards and Honors
- Sole Jury, Commonwealth photo contest, Cyprus, 1980
- Principal National Jury, Bangladesh, 2008–2011
- "Anwar Hossain Photo Exhibition at ULAB", EduIcon.com, 19 December 2012.
- "Anwar Hossain's photography exhibition begins today", The Daily Star, 20 August 2010.
- "Anwar Hossain". IMDb.