Logo of Anwesha 2014
|Type||Student run Non-Profit Organization|
|Institute||Indian Institute of Technology Patna|
|Major events||Technical, Cultural, Literary events|
|Slogan||Think. Dream. Live.|
Anwesha is the annual techno-cultural fest of Indian Institute of Technology Patna. It is a four-day long (three-day till 2014 ) event usually held towards the end of January every year. The fest hosts technical, cultural, literary, eco and management events. The first edition of Anwesha took place in 2010. It draws a footfall of about 4,500 from more than 140 colleges across the country. Management events such as Stock Mart, B-quiz, Vendre and eco events like Eco-debate, Green quiz give participants ample scope to showcase their talents. Anwesha enjoys a cult status among the youths of Bihar. Eminent personalities such as chief minister Nitish Kumar, Padma Vibhushan, G. Madhavan Nair, R. K. Sinha (Dolphin Man of India), have been part of Anwesha’s extravaganza in the past.
Anwesha 2014 with a tagline '.think.dream.live.' started on January 31, 2014. It ended on February 2, 2014. Femina Miss India Auditions 2014 was held at Anwesha 2014. Miss India International 2013, Gurleen Grewal, was a guest judge on the occasion. Patna High Court judge Navneeti Prasad Singh inaugurated the fest. A guest lecture by Vikram Upadhyaya, board member of Indian Angel Network, was also held on day-1. The technical events held on the first day of the fest included 'Aqua Soccer', 'Strategize' and 'Titans Unleashed'. The entrepreneurship club of the institute organized 'B-debate' and 'Vendre'. There was also a general quiz, 'The Kwiz Wiz', which witnessed significant participation from various colleges. Prize money of 3.5 lakh was up for grabs at the various technical, cultural, literary, eco and management sub-events at the fest. 300 students participated in Mr and Ms Anwesha '14. The chief guest on the last day of the fest was Bollywood star and local MP Shatrughan Sinha.
- Updated on: Sun 13-Jan-2013 12:17:05 (GMT) (2013-01-13). "Students Ready For Anwesha -201301130012". Inextlive.jagran.com. Retrieved 2014-02-01.
- "पटना में रॉक कल्चर की शुरुआत कर रहे टेक्नोक्रेट्स | PrabhatKhabar.com : Hindi News Portal to Eastern India". PrabhatKhabar.com. Retrieved 2014-02-01.
- "IIT-Patna fest Anwesha 2014 kicks off - The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2014-02-01.
- Vithika Salomi, TNN Jan 15, 2014, 12.43AM IST (2014-01-15). "Fun-filled days for tech collegians in the offing - Times Of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2014-02-01.
- "Myriad of events to pep up Anwesha". Telegraphindia.com. 1999-03-01. Retrieved 2014-02-01.
- "Fest kicks off on high note". Telegraphindia.com. 1999-03-01. Retrieved 2014-02-01.
- "School students win band war at IIT-Patna fest". The Times of India. 2 February 2014. Retrieved 2 February 2014.
- "gurleen grewal in patna fashion week 2014". www.bhaskar.com. Retrieved 2014-02-01.
- Curtains on three-day frenzy with fanfare- It was party harder for most at two institutes’ big events, but work comes first for one
- Siddhant, Anjali crowned at IIT-Patna fest 'Anwesha'