|Alma mater||University of Ioannina
Northeast Normal University
Shandong Normal University at Liaocheng
|Known for||Quantum Gravity and Cosmology|
Anzhong Wang is a theoretical physicist, specialized in gravitation, cosmology and astroparticle physics. He is on the Physics faculty of Baylor University. Currently he is working on cosmology in string/M theory and the Hořava-Lifshitz gravity.
Apart from his research contributions, Professor Wang is known for his ability to convey the excitement and significance of discoveries in gravitation and cosmology while teaching various foundational courses in Physics.
Wang is married to Yumei Wu, a mathematical physicist also at Baylor and they live in Waco, Texas, USA.
Wang's research recently has principally focused on aspects of gravitation, cosmology and astrophysics, using tools from general relativity, superstring theory and M-Theory. His recent work includes investigations of late cosmic acceleration of the universe, cosmology in string/M Theory, thermodynamics of black holes and their formation from gravitational collapse, the Horava-Lifshitz quantum gravity and its applications to cosmology and astrophysics.
Some recent publications are
- Rong-Gen Cai and Anzhong Wang, Cosmology with interaction between phantom dark energy and dark matter and the coincidence problem, JCAP 0503:002,2005 .
- Rong-Gen Cai, Hong-Sheng Zhang and Anzhong Wang, Crossing w=-1 in Gauss-Bonnet brane world with induced gravity, Commun.Theor.Phys.44:948,2005.
- Yun-Gui Gong and Anzhong Wang, Reconstruction of the deceleration parameter and the equation of state of dark energy, Phys.Rev.D75:043520,2007.
- Anzhong Wang and Yumei Wu, Thermodynamics and classification of cosmological models in the Horava-Lifshitz theory of gravity, JCAP 0907:012,2009.
- Qiang Wu, Yungui Gong, Anzhong Wang and J.S. Alcaniz, Current constraints on interacting holographic dark energy, Phys.Lett.B659:34-39,2008.
- Yungui Gong and Anzhong Wang, The Friedmann equations and thermodynamics of apparent horizons, Phys.Rev.Lett.99:211301,2007.
- Anzhong Wang and Roy Maartens, Linear perturbations of cosmological models in the Horava-Lifshitz theory of gravity without detailed balance.