|This article does not cite any references or sources. (November 2012)|
|Type||State Co-educational Secondary, years 9-13|
|Ministry of Education Institution no.||253|
|School roll||952 (November 2013)|
Aotea College is a state co-educational secondary school located in Porirua, New Zealand. Founded in 1978, the school serves students for Year 9 to 13 (ages 12 to 18) across the northern suburbs of Porirua.
Sport and cultural activities
Sport and cultural activities are a major part of Aotea College. Students are encouraged to take at least one winter sport and summer sport. Aotea College competes in the New Zealand National Secondary Schools Barbershop competition - in 2008, the girls' chorus won first place in both the regional and the national competition in Wellington.
- Moana Aiatu - New Zealand Black Ferns (rugby)
- Olly Brunton - New Zealand Snowboard halfpipe champion (x3)
- Rebecca Brunton - New Zealand White Sox (softball)
- Tania Tupu - New Zealand Tall Ferns (basketball)
- Serge Lilo - Wellington Hurricanes and Lions representative (rugby)
- Melodie Ngatai - New Zealand Black Ferns (rugby)
- Adam Vardey - Cook Island 7s (rugby)
- Jacinta Wawatai - Actress
- "Directory of Schools - as at 4 December 2013". New Zealand Ministry of Education. Retrieved 10 December 2013.
|This New Zealand school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|