Patients at Apac Hospital
|Elevation||3,350 ft (1,020 m)|
|Population (2011 Estimate)|
Apac is located approximately 115 kilometres (71 mi), by road, south of Gulu, the largest city in Northern Uganda. This location lies approximately 63 kilometres (39 mi), by road, southwest of Lira, the largest town in the sub-region. The coordinates of the town are:1°59'06.0"N, 32°32'06.0"E (Latitude:1.9850; Longitude:32.5350).
The 2002 national census estimated the population of the town at about 10,140. In 2010, the population of Apac was estimated at about 13,300, by the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). In 2011, UBOS estimated the mid-year population of Apac at approximately 13,700.
Points of interest
The following points of interest lie in the town or near the town limits:
- The headquarters of Apac District Administration
- The offices of Apac Town Council
- Apac Hospital - A 120 bed public hospital, administered by the Uganda Ministry of Health
- A branch of Stanbic Bank
- The studios of Radio Apac - A community radio station
- Travellers Inn - A private motel in the center of town
- Alenga Primary School - A public elementary school on the outskirts of town
- Apac Central Market
- "Road Distance Between Gulu And Apac With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 2 June 2014.
- "Map Showing Lira And Apac With Distance Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 2 June 2014.
- Google, . "Location of Apac At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 2 June 2014.
- UBOS, . "Estimated Population of Apac In 2002, 2010 And 2011". Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 2 June 2014.