|Elevation||3,350 ft (1,020 m)|
|Population (2011 Estimate)|
Apac is located approximately 114 kilometres (71 mi), by road, south of Gulu, the largest city in Northern Uganda. This location lies approximately 60 kilometres (37 mi), by road, southwest of Lira, the headquarters of the sub-region. The coordinates of the town are:01 59 06N, 32 32 06E (Latitude:1.9850; Longitude:32.5350).
The 2002 national census estimated the population of the town at about 10,100. In 2008, the population of Apac was estimated at 12,400 by the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). In 2011, UBOS estimated the mid-year population of Apac at 13,700.
The landmarks in the town or near the town limits include:
- The headquarters of Apac District Administration
- The offices of Apac Town Council
- Apac Hospital - A 120 bed public hospital, administered by the Uganda Ministry of Health
- A branch of Stanbic Bank
- A branch of Global Trust Bank
- The studios of Radio Apac - A community radio station
- Travellers Inn - A private motel in the center of town
- Alenga Primary School - A public elementary school on the outskirts of town
- Apac Central Market