Apache Mobile Filter
|Original author(s)||Idel Fuschini|
|Initial release||November 2008|
|Stable release||4.03 / 9 August 2013|
|Written in||Perl, C|
|Type||Apache Module, device detection, redirect and image rendering|
|License||GNU general public license|
Apache Mobile Filter or AMF, is an open-source project created by Idel Fuschini and distributed under the GNU General Public License (GPL). The AMF is a suite of tools that allow access to a Device Description Repository (such as WURFL, DetectRight, 51Degrees or others) directly from Apache.
Using several device repository Apache Mobile Filter detect the mobile device and pass the capabilities value as environment variable
Resize images to screen them is suitable device
Redirect the mobile to the correct site or path of the site
From version 3.51, it is possible to integrate AMF and mod_rewrite for redirect mobile devices to the correct content.
The suite has several modules the most important are:
- AMFLiteDetectionFilter: The module detects if is a mobile device or not. This module doesn't use any repository.
- AMF51DegreesFilter: The module detects the mobile device and passes the 51Degrees capabilities on to the other web application as environment variables.
- AMFDetectRightFilter: The module detects the mobile device and passes the DetectRight capabilities on to the other web application as environment variables.
- AMFWurflFilter: The module detects the mobile device and passes the WURFL capabilities on to the other web application as environment variables.
- AMFImageFilter: Resize images on the fly to adapt to the screen size of the mobile device
- AMFMobileCaching: has the goal to cache the different dedicated mobile device layout of the same pages
- AMFSwitcher: Used to switch the device to the right content (mobile browser, personal computer browser)
- AMFTrace: Used to trace the capabilities of device on log file, useful for statistic scope.
- AMFWebService: Used from third party applications, is a web service that gives the information capabilities as XML or JSON.
- AMF+: Is a C module for detect devices if are mobile, touch or tablet
- Official site
- Official documentation
- AMF project on SourceForge
- AMF on CPAN
- AMF and drupal
- Guidelines for web-content transformation proxies 1.0