|Beauty pageant titleholder|
January 16, 1947
|Height||5 ft 4.5 in (1.64 m)|
|Title(s)||Miss Thailand 1964
Miss Universe 1965
Apasra Hongsakula (born in 1947 in Bangkok, Thailand; Thai: อาภัสรา หงสกุล, pronounced [āːpʰátrāː hǒŋsàkūn]) is a Thai beauty queen who has held the title Miss Universe 1965. She is the daughter of Group Captain "Perm" and Kayoon Hongsakula. She was the first woman from Thailand to win the Miss Universe crown.
She later married a first cousin of Her Majesty Queen Sirikit and had a son. Although the marriage ended in divorce, she is still a much revered social figure in the country, like the Royal Thai family.
In the 1964 Miss Thailand pageant held in Bangkok, Apasra Hongsakula, a high school student from Penang won the crown.
She returned to the pageant as a judge in 1973 and 1979.
- Apasra has been appointed "cultural ambassador" by Tourism Authority of Thailand.
- President of Raymond Weil Watches.
- President of Apasra Beauty Slimming Spa.
- She is currently a judge of the Miss Universe Thailand pageant, responsible for sending Thailand's representative to the Miss Universe pageant.
- She is the third Thai representative at Miss Universe pageant.
- She got some advices from Her Majesty Queen Sirikit about how to strike a pose and how to walk in the pageant before she went to Miami.
- Her Thai nickname is "Pook"
- Apasra was presented a new crown by Miss Universe Organization and was crowned again at a private function by Miss Universe 1991 Lupita Jones of Mexico in 1992 when Thailand hosted the 1992 Miss Universe pageant. Most Miss Universe titleholders in the old days did not get to keep the crown.
|This biographical article about a contestant in a beauty pageant is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Thai biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article about a model is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|