From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up apical or apex in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Apical may refer to:
- Apical ancestor, refers to the last common ancestor of an entire group, such as a species (biology) or a clan (anthropology)
- Apical (anatomy), an anatomical term of location for features located opposite the base of an organism or structure
- Apical (chemistry), a position in certain molecular geometries in chemistry
- Apical (dentistry), direction towards the root tip of a tooth
- Apical consonant, a consonant produced with the tip of the tongue
- Apical dendrite, a type of dendrite found on pyramidal neurons
- Apical dominance, the phenomenon whereby the main central stem of a plant is dominant over other side stems
- Apical membrane, in cell biology the surface of a plasma membrane that faces inward to the lumen
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Apical.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.