From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up apical in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Apical, from the Latin apex (plural apices) meaning to be at the apex or tip, may refer to:
- Apical (anatomy), an anatomical term of location for features located opposite the base of an organism or structure
- Apical consonant, a consonant produced with the tip of the tongue
- Apical dendrite, a type of dendrite found on pyramidal neurons
- Apical dominance
- Apical membrane, a cell biology term
- Apical pulse, the heart rate when measured with a stethoscope placed over the heart
- Apical direction, a term used in reference to a tooth
- Apical (chemistry), a position in certain molecular geometries in chemistry.
- Apical whorls of the shells of gastropods or snails, the whorls at the tip of the spire, near the apex (mollusc)
- Tip of a seed, from which the epicotyl emerges
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.