|Motto||Clean Energy, Good Jobs|
|Headquarters||San Francisco, CA, USA|
|Joel Rogers, Ed Murphy|
Its goals include establishing energy independence for the United States of America, as well as developing cleaner and more efficient energy alternatives. Its allies are drawn from businesses, environmental organizations, and over 30 labor unions.
Harry Reid, Senate Majority Leader (2007-present) from Nevada, credited the Apollo Alliance with helping to create the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (also known as the stimulus bill): “This legislation is the first step in building a clean energy economy that creates jobs and moves us closer to solving our enormous energy and environmental challenges,” he said. “We’ve talked about moving forward on these ideas for decades. The Apollo Alliance has been an important factor in helping us develop and execute a strategy that makes great progress on these goals and in motivating the public to support them.”
The founding board members of the Apollo Alliance are:
- United States Senator Maria Cantwell (D-WA)
- Leo Gerard, International President of the United Steelworkers
- United States Congressman Jesse Jackson, Jr. (D-IL)
- Carl Pope, Executive Director of the Sierra Club
National Steering Committee
- Ruben Aronin, Global Green USA
- Andrew Beebe, Energy Innovations
- Robert L. Borosage, Institute for America's Future
- Dan Carol, CTSG, Young Apollo
- Maggie Fox, Sierra Club
- Bracken Hendricks, Apollo Alliance
- Van Jones, Ella Baker Center for Human Rights
- Mindy Lubber, Ceres
- Mark Ritchie, Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy
- Joel Rogers, Center on Wisconsin Strategy (COWS)
- Marco Trbovich, United Steelworkers of America (USWA)
The stated goals of the Apollo Alliance are:
- Promote advanced technology and hybrid electric cars.
- Invest in more efficient factories.
- Encourage high performance building.
- Increase use of energy efficient appliances.
- Modernize electrical infrastructure (smart grid).
- Expand renewable energy development.
- Improve transportation options.
- Reinvest in smart urban growth.
- Plan for a hydrogen future.
- Preserve regulatory protections.
- "Recovery Bill is Breakthrough on Clean Energy, Good Jobs". ApolloAlliance.org. 2009-02-17.
- "Obama's 'Green' Groups Eye Lots of Greenbacks". FoxNews.com. 2009-09-02.