Apollo Heights are an American shoegazer band that was formed in New York City in 2002. Consisting mainly of twin brothers, Daniel and Danny Chavis, they play experimental rock music. They cite AR Kane and My Bloody Valentine as a major inspiration. Their debut album White Music For Black People was produced by Robin Guthrie of Cocteau Twins and features guest appearances from Mos Def, Lady Kier, David Sitek of TV on the Radio, Mike Ladd and Guthrie himself on guitar. The Chavis brothers are formerly of the alternative soul group The Veldt who released three albums on Polygram, Mammoth and Capitol Records. Although the Veldt is left out of references on the Chapel Hill music scene,they were a key band during the heyday of North Carolina Music along with other bands of the time like metal Flake Mother,Superchunk and Dillon Fence.
The Veldt also recorded an Album and EP both titled "Marigolds" on Stardog Records in 1992.
- Marigolds (EP) (1992; Stardog)
- Afrodisiac (1994; Polygram/Mercury)
- Universe Boat (1996/97; Yasha)
- Love At First Hate (1998; End Of The World Technologies)
Apollo Heights 2002~2004
- White Music For Black People CD (2007; Manimal Vinyl)
- Disco Lights EP digital single (2007; Manimal Vinyl)
- Babytalkk EP digital single (2008; Manimal Vinyl)
- Everlasting Gobbstopper EP digital single (2008; Manimal Vinyl)