|Headquarters||New York City, New York, USA|
|Key people||Brian O'Kelley (CEO)
Michael Rubenstein (President)
|Products||Infrastructure as a service
AppNexus is a New York City-based company that provides a platform specializing in real-time online advertising. As of 2013, AppNexus servers process 16 billion ad buys per day; AppNexus handled an estimated $700 million in ad spending in 2012, giving it the biggest reach on the open web after Google.
AppNexus offers online auction infrastructure and technology for data management, optimization, financial clearing and support for directly negotiated advertising campaigns. It integrates with advertising sources including Google's DoubleClick, Microsoft's AdECN, and aggregators. It operates out of multiple data centers, including one in Amsterdam serving Europe and the Middle East, in a facility shared with Equinix.
Founders and financing
AppNexus was founded by Brian O'Kelley (the ex-CTO of Right Media) and Mike Nolet (former product manager and Director of Analytics at Right Media); Michael Rubenstein, a former VP and General Manager at Google's DoubleClick, joined AppNexus as President in September 2009. The company is financially backed by Microsoft, Khosla Ventures, First Round Capital, Venrock, Kodiak Venture Partners, Marc Andreessen, Ben Horowitz, and Ron Conway; as of February 2013 the company has raised over $140 million in financing, with a $75 million funding round in January 2013.
Mike Nolet left the company in October 2013.
- Stephanie Clifford (2010-03-12). "Instant Ads Set the Pace on the Web". The New York Times. Archived from the original on 17 March 2010. Retrieved 2010-03-12.
- Alex Conrad (2013-08-04). « "How AppNexus CEO Became the King of Ad Tech". Forbes.com. Retrieved 2013-08-04.
- AppNexus (2010-03-12). "AppNexus Officially Launches Ad Platform Fueling the Real-Time Bidding Revolution in Display Advertising". Press release (Press release). PR Newswire. Archived from the original on 22 March 2010. Retrieved 2010-03-12.
- Liz Gannes (2010-10-05). "AppNexus Raises $50M for Real-time Ad Platform: Tech News and Analysis «". Gigaom.com. Retrieved 2011-05-11.
- "Who We Are". AppNexus. Archived from the original on 17 May 2011. Retrieved 2011-05-11.
- [dead link]
- "AppNexus Secures $8 Million in Series B Funding". Pr-inside.com. Retrieved 2011-05-11.
- "AppNexus's $75 Million Funding Round Quiets Acquisition, IPO Talk".
- "EXCLUSIVE: Mike Nolet, CTO & Co-Founder at AppNexus, Discusses His Departure From the Company & Why He is Leaving Ad Tech". ExchangeWire. Retrieved 2 May 2014.
|This United States corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|