Apple River Township, Jo Daviess County, Illinois
|Apple River Township|
St. John's Wedding Chapel is a church from the 1860s that has been moved to Oak Hill, an unincorporated hamlet in Apple River Township (January, 2008).
Location in Jo Daviess County
Jo Daviess County's location in Illinois
|Established||September 13, 1858|
|• Supervisor||James C. Goken|
|• Total||18.46 sq mi (47.8 km2)|
|• Land||18.46 sq mi (47.8 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||958 ft (292 m)|
|• Density||27/sq mi (10/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||61001, 61075|
|GNIS feature ID||0428596|
Apple River Township is one of twenty-three townships in Jo Daviess County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 498 and it contained 257 housing units. It was formed from Thompson Township on September 13, 1858.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 18.46 square miles (47.8 km2), all land.
Cities, towns, villages
- Warren Township (east)
- Rush Township (southeast)
- Thompson Township (south)
- Scales Mound Township (west)
The township contains Saint Joseph Cemetery.
- Scales Mound Community Unit School District 211
- Warren Community Unit School District 205
- Illinois' 16th congressional district
- State House District 89
- State Senate District 45
- "Apple River Township, Jo Daviess County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- Jo Daviess County official site
- Illinois State Archives
- Township Officials of Illinois