From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Appointed)
|Look up appointment in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Appointment may refer to:
- The prerogative power of an government official or executive to select persons to fill an honorary position or employment in the government (i.e. political appointments, poets laureate).
- Power of appointment, the legal ability of a testator to select another person to dispose of the testator's property
- Recess appointment, a method of filling vacancies under U.S. federal law
- Appointment, a form of Royal Warrant
- List of positions filled by presidential appointment with Senate confirmation
- Judicial appointments in Canada
- Warrant of Appointment, an official document presented by the President of Ireland to persons upon appointment to certain offices
- Papal appointment, the oldest method for the selection of the pope
- Appointment of Catholic bishops
- Appointment of Church of England bishops
- Letter of appointment in Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints history
- Appointment to the Order of Canada
- Court appointment, one of the traditional positions within a royal, ducal, or noble household
- The Appointment, a 1969 psychological drama
- The Appointment (novel), published in German in 1997 and in English in 2001
- Appointment, a means of funding Postdoctoral research
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.