|Headquarters||Milan and Catania, Italy|
|Key people||Daniele Pelleri and Luigi Giglio|
AppsBuilder is an Italian mobile publishing and distribution platform that empowers SMEs and large enterprises to build a solid mobile presence, reach new customers and improve client retention through native mobile apps and HTML5 web apps in the cloud.
AppsBuilder is the innovative mobile publishing and distribution platform that empowers SMEs and large enterprises to build a solid mobile presence, reach new customers and improve customer retention through powerful mobile apps and HTML 5 WebApps (mobile sites).
Its services are mainly addressed to private web agencies and SME, and rely on a cloud-based system, with analytics allowing users to monitor in real time their application’s rates and trends. AppsBuilder’s services include all the state-of-the-art tools to create, manage and distribute mobile apps and reach a broader audience through a wide range of promotional channels, including QR code, app landing pages, social networks integration and app store submission.
To support SMEs in their marketing and client retention operations, AppsBuilder has developed a whole set of CRM tools to allow brands to engage with customers in long-lasting relationships and geolocalize their communications to maximize reach.
AppsBuilder’s technological core comes with a cutting-edge business toolkit that includes push notifications to communicate more efficiently with users; geolocalized couponing to market sales and promotions on the go; in-app forms to gather users' feedback and generate new leads for your business; and loyalty cards to boost client retention.
To respond to web agencies' and media professionals'needs, the firm has also launched a Reseller Program, that consists of a white label content management system (CMS), for users who create multiple log-in accounts to manage their clients’ applications and customize their layout.
The project was initiated in April 2010 by two computer engineers Daniele Pelleri and Luigi Giglio, who opened their first office in Milan, Italy, followed by a branch office in Catania. They obtained financing from the venture capitalists Massimiliano Magrini (Annapurna Ventures CEO) and Mario Mariani (The Net Value CEO). In 2012, they obtained further support from a €1.5 million funding by the venture capital funds Vertis Venture and Zernike Meta Ventures.
As a successful case history in the digital startup field, AppsBuilder has been invited to Wake up Italy! (Boston, 9–11 November 2012), TechCrunch Italy (Rome, 27 September 2012). Vedrò (Dro, 26–29 August 2012), VIII Edition. Social Media Week (Milan, 19–23 September 2011), TechCrunch Disrupt 2013 (New York, 28 April - 1 May 2013), and WWWorkers Camp (Bologna, 8–9 May 2013).
- Gagliardini, Claudio (March 5, 2013). "AppsBuilder, viaggio tra le startup italiane" (in Italian). Retrieved 10 June 2013.
- Pelleri, Daniele (November 9, 2012). "Daniele Pelleri e Luigi Giglio: come abbiamo trovato un milione e mezzo di euro per lanciare AppsBuilder". Che Futuro! (in Italian). Retrieved 10 June 2013.
- Pintacuda, Antonino (October 24, 2012). "AppsBuilder, un successo tutto italiano". My Marketing (in Italian). Retrieved 10 June 2013.
- Gulizia, Silvio (October 24, 2012). "Appsbuilder: 1,5 milioni di euro per creare app senza scrivere codice". Wired (in Italian). Retrieved 10 June 2013.
- Migliorino, Giuseppe (February 1, 2013). "La piattaforma AppsBuilder si rinnova con nuove funzioni" (in Italian). Retrieved 10 June 2013.
- Etherington, Darrel. "AppsBuilder Raises €1.5 Million To Expand Its Cross-Platform Development Tool". TechCrunch. Retrieved 10 June 2013.
- Butcher, Mike. "Turnkey Mobile Apps Startup AppsBuilder Raises New Cash From United Ventures". TechCrunch. Retrieved 16 April 2014.
- "La Top Ten delle iniziative italiane di successo" (in Italian). Bitmat. Retrieved 10 June 2013.
- Melillo, Mario (November 6, 2012). "Wake up Italy! la XIII conferenza NOVA negli USA". Tech Economy (in Italian). Retrieved 10 June 2013.
- Butcher, Mike (July 12, 2012). "TechCrunch Italy — An Event To Showcase Italian Startups Globally". TechCrunch. Retrieved 10 June 2013.
- "Vedrò 2012 We can be heroes". Vedrò.
- "TechCrunch Disrupt 2013 - Event Info".
- Green, Andy. "Tales from Startup Alley: AppsBuilder, Bellissimo". The Technoverse Blog.
- Russo, Francesco. "WWWorkers Camp: 3 storie di imprenditorialità giovanile".