Aquí Estoy Yo
|"Aquí Estoy Yo"|
Urban Remix cover
|Single by Luis Fonsi featuring Aleks Syntek, David Bisbal, and Noel Schajris|
|from the album Palabras del Silencio|
|Released||February 10, 2009|
|Format||Digital download, airplay|
|Label||Universal Music Latino|
|Writer(s)||Luis Fonsi, Claudia Brant, Gen Rubin|
|Producer(s)||Sebastián Krys, Luis Fonsi|
|Luis Fonsi singles chronology|
"Aquí Estoy Yo" (English: Here I Am) is a song written by Luis Fonsi, Claudia Brant and Gen Rubin; it was produced by Fonsi and Sebastián Krys for Fonsi's seventh studio album Palabras del Silencio, and it is performed by Fonsi, David Bisbal, Aleks Syntek, and Noel Schajris.
It was released as the second single from Fonsi's album on February 10, 2009 and became his sixth number-one single on the Billboard Hot Latin Tracks chart, the second number-song for David Bisbal on the same chart, and the first for Aleks Syntek and Noel Schajris (as a solo performer).
"Aquí Estoy Yo" was released on February 10, 2009 as the second single from Palabras del Silencio, the seventh studio album recorded by Puerto Rican performer Luis Fonsi. This song is the follow-up to "No Me Doy Por Vencido" and was written by Fonsi in 2002, according to an interview on the Mexican newspaper El Universal: "I wrote it six years ago to four male voices and in all these years I never knew what to do with the song, I thought maybe give it to some group, but as I loved it so much, decided to keep it." About the choice to perform with Noel Schajris, David Bisbal and Aleks Syntek, Fonsi told Billboard magazine: "One day I thought and I said, why not invite three guys, three friends, not difficult to reach them, they can talk to you one on one, because it had happened but they were my friends." While on a boat fishing with Bisbal, Syntek and Schajris, Fonsi asked them to record the track, since it was "an amazing song and the only thing I do is look at three musketeers sing to me". Fonsi thought that the diversity would help this "hymn": "We have México, Argentina, Spain and Puerto Rico in the same track." During the recording, there were no rules, it was a mix of artistic styles, like a bohemian reunion with friends. On the album review, Jason Birchmeier of Allmusic declared that this was a notable song, that features a quartet of international all-stars.
In the music video, Aleks, David, and Noel are all going to meet Fonsi to sing a song together. On their way there they see Fonsi's, at that time, girlfriend. When they get there, Fonsi, Syntek, Bisbal, and Noel sing Aqui Estoy Yo altogether. Near the end they all leave and see Fonsi's Girlfriend and Fonsi smiles at her and she smiles back.
- "Aquí Estoy Yo" (Urban Version) feat. Yomo - 4:28
- "Aquí Estoy Yo" (Bachata Version)
The song debuted on the Billboard Hot Latin Tracks chart at number 42 on February 2009. and slowly climbed to number one 19 weeks later replacing "El Amor" by Tito "El Bambino". The track became Fonsi's sixth number-one song on the chart, and the second number-one song for David Bisbal, after "¿Quién Me Iba a Decir?" in 2006. "Aquí Estoy Yo" is the first chart topper for Aleks Syntek whose previous highest rank on this chart was achieved in 2004 with "Duele el Amor", a duet with Spanish singer-songwriter Ana Torroja that peaked at number 2. It is also the first time that Noel Schajris reached the top position on this chart as a solo performer. With Sin Bandera, Schrajris, reached the number-one position in 2004 with "Mientes Tan Bien".
On the Billboard Latin Pop Airplay chart, this song replaced Fonsi's "No Me Doy Por Vencido", which led the list for a chart-record 28 weeks. This was only the third time in the chart's history that an artist has succeeded himself at the top. Juanes' "Gotas de Agua Dulce" followed "Me Enamora" on the February 23, 2008, and Ricky Martin’s "Vuelve" gave way to "Perdido Sin Ti" on September 12, 1998.
|Spanish Singles Charts||9|
|U.S. Billboard Hot Latin Tracks||1|
|U.S. Billboard Latin Pop Airplay||1|
- Latin Pop Airplay Song Of The Year
- Latin Pop Airplay Artist of the Year, Male
"El Amor" by Tito El Bambino
|U.S. Billboard Hot Latin Songs number-one single
June 13, 2009 - June 20, 2009
"Causa y Efecto" Paulina Rubio
- "Graba Luis Fonsi 'Palabras del Silencio', incluye un cuarteto". El Universal (in Spanish). 2008-08-23. Retrieved 2009-06-04.
- Cobo, Leila (2008-08-01). "Luis Fonsi en sus 'palabras'". Billboard en Español (in Spanish). Retrieved 2009-06-04.
- Birchmeier, Jason. "Palabras del Silencio - Album Review". Allmusic. Macromedia Corporation. Retrieved 2009-06-04.
- "Luis Fonsi graba junto a David Bisbal el vídeoclip de su nuevo single". La Papelera (in Spanish). 2008-12-22. Retrieved 2009-06-04.
- "Estreno MUNDIAL de "Aqui Estoy Yo" a las 6pm". Universal Music Latino (in Spanish). 2008-01-20. Retrieved 2009-06-04.
- "Aquí Estoy Yo - Urban Remix". Amazon. 2009-03-31. Retrieved 2009-06-04.
- "Hot Latin Songs - Aquí Estoy Yo Week of February 7, 2009". Billboard. Nielsen Business Media, Inc. 2009-02-07. Retrieved 2009-06-04.[dead link]
- "Luis Fonsi alcanza el primer lugar con 'Aquí estoy yo'". Terra. Terra Networks México. 2009-06-04. Retrieved 2009-06-04.
- "Luis Fonsi - Charts and awards". Allmusic. Macromedia Corporation. Retrieved 2009-06-04.
- "David Bisbal - Charts and awards". Allmusic. Macromedia Corporation. Retrieved 2009-06-04.
- "Aleks Syntek - Charts and awards". Allmusic. Macromedia Corporation. Retrieved 2009-06-04.
- "Sin Bandera - Charts and awards". Allmusic. Macromedia Corporation. Retrieved 2009-06-04.
- Bronson, Fred (2009-03-12). "Chart Beat: U2, Rick Ross and Miley Cyrus". Billboard. Nielsen Business Media, Inc. Retrieved 2009-06-04.[dead link]
- "Spanish Singles Chart". Les Charts. 2009-04-26. Retrieved 2009-06-04.
- "Hot Latin Songs". Billboard. Nielsen Business, Inc. 2009-06-13. Retrieved 2009-06-04.[dead link]
- "Latin Pop Airplay". Billboard. Nielsen Business, Inc. 2009-06-13. Retrieved 2009-06-04.[dead link]
- "Past Winners Search". National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences. Retrieved July 11, 2011.