|Duration (Tropical, Western)||20 January – 18 February (2013, UTC)|
Under the tropical zodiac, the sun is in Aquarius typically between January 20 to February 19, while under the Sidereal Zodiac, the sun is in Aquarius from approximately February 15 to March 14, depending on leap year.
On early Babylonian stones, the astrological symbol for Aquarius was depicted as a man or boy pouring water from a bucket or urn. Ancient Arabian astrologists omitted the human figure, with a mule carrying two water-barrels representing the constellation. The constellation Aquarius is not conspicuous; its fainter set of stars being those which are typically depicted as the "water running down into the mouth of the Southern fish."
The traditional ruler of Aquarius is Saturn, but modern astrologers believe that Uranus is the proper and only ruler. Aquarius is one of the three signs which compose the air triplicity, along with Gemini and Libra. It is also one of the masculine signs, and a fixed sign.
In the arts
The sun locks beneath Aquarius tempers,
And now the nights draw near to half the day,
What time the hoar frost copies on the ground
The outward semblance of her sister white,
But little lasts the temper of her pen.
Originally appearing in the musical Hair, written by James Rado and Gerome Ragni, the song "Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In" (more commonly known as "The Age of Aquarius") was released in 1969 by The 5th Dimension and is a medley of two songs. Lyrically, the song is based on the astrological belief that the world would soon be entering the "Age of Aquarius." The song peaked at number one for six weeks on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 pop singles chart in the spring of 1969. The single became the first medley to top the American pop charts and was eventually certified platinum in the U.S. by the RIAA.
Aquarius flower astrology
Orchid is the flower associated with Aquarius. It signifies the sense of responsibility and love wrapped in Aquarius people. Orchid is a simple, yet attractive flower. It is considered to be the perfect flower to describe the personality of Aquarius. This flower defines the uniqueness of people with this Sun sign. These people have a different vision to look at things. Also, these people are romantic, faithful and loyal to people who matter to them. These people grab the attention of others with their charm and inventive ways. 
- "An Overview of Sun Sign Characteristics for Aquarius". Elore. Retrieved 25 July 2013.
- Allen 1899, p. 45.
- Allen 1899, p. 50.
- Almanac for the year 1386 1812, p. 71.
- Almanac for the year 1386 1812, p. 73.
- Almanac for the year 1386 1812, p. 74.
- Allen 1899, p. 55.
- "Flower Care - Flower Guide". Pulkit Rajput. Retrieved 07 March 2013.
- Allen, Richard Hinckley (1899), Star-names and their meanings, G. E. Stechert, OCLC 1285139
- Almanac for the year 1386, C. Stower Hackney, 1812, OCLC 500148918
- Heindel, Max (1919), Simplified Scientific Astrology: A Complete Textbook on the Art of Erecting a Horoscope, with Philosophic Encyclopedia and Tables of Planetary Hours (4 ed.), Rosicrucian Fellowship, OCLC 36106074