ArX (revision control)
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for products and services. (September 2012)|
|This article relies on references to primary sources. (September 2012)|
|Initial release||February 2003|
|Stable release||2.2.4 / November 16, 2005|
|Operating system||Linux, Windows, Mac OS X|
ArX is a distributed revision control system. ArX began as a fork of GNU arch, and is licensed under the GPL. Since the fork, ArX has been extensively rewritten in C++, with many new features. The project maintainer is Walter Landry.
Landry was for a short time the maintainer of Arch, and forked ArX when Tom Lord resumed maintainership of Arch and did not accept some of Landry's development directions. The fork was announced in January 2003 and the first code was released in February. For a time ArX shared a mailing list and community with Arch, but Landry founded a new mailing list in August 2003 and the pre-release series became the 1.0 release series in December. The 2.0 series, which was incompatible with Arch, became public in October 2004.
- Lord, Tom (2003-01-17). "evidence of wlandry's idiocy". arch-users mailing list. http://ml.osdir.com/version-control.arch.user/2003-01/msg00918.html. Retrieved 2008-06-18.
- Lord, Tom (2003-04-06). "Re: arch<->arx: reason for fork". arch-users mailing list. http://osdir.com/ml/version-control.arch.user/2003-04/msg00071.html. Retrieved 2008-06-18.
- Landry, Walter (2003-01-21). "Re: software freedoms and engineering ethics". arch-users mailing list. http://ml.osdir.com/version-control.arch.user/2003-01/msg01096.html. Retrieved 2008-06-18.
- Landry, Walter (2003-02-02). "Arx-1.0pre1". arch-users mailing list. http://ml.osdir.com/version-control.arch.user/2003-02/msg00014.html. Retrieved 2008-06-18.
- Landry, Walter (2003-08-16). "New ArX list". gnu-arch-users mailing list. http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnu-arch-users/2003-08/msg00022.html. Retrieved 2008-06-18.
- Landry, Walter (2003-12-26). "http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/arx-users/2003-12/msg00000.html". Arx-users mailing list. http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/arx-users/2003-12/msg00000.html. Retrieved 2008-06-18.
- Landry, Walter (2004-10-06). "ArX-2.0.0". Arx-users mailing list. http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/arx-users/2004-10/msg00026.html. Retrieved 2008-06-18.
|This content management system article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|