|Also spelled||Arab al-Areeda|
|Date of depopulation||May 20, 1948|
|Cause(s) of depopulation||Influence of nearby town's fall|
|Current localities||Sde Eliyahu|
It stood on the Tell al-Ru'yan and Tell al-Qurud sites.
1948 and aftermath
Its Arab population fled upon the village's capture.
The settlement of Sde Eliyahu, established in 1939, is east of the village site on village land. The Palestinian historian Walid Khalidi, described the village remains in 1992: "No traces are left of the village. The whole village site is planted in wheat. The archaeological site, Tall al-Ru'yan, has been transformed into a garbage dump."
- Hadawi, Sami (1970), Village Statistics of 1945: A Classification of Land and Area ownership in Palestine, Palestine Liberation Organization Research Center
- Khalidi, Walid (1992), All That Remains, Washington D.C.: Institute for Palestine Studies, ISBN 0-88728-224-5
- Morris, Benny (2004), The Birth of the Palestinian Refugee Problem Revisited. Cambridge University Press. ISBN 0-521-81120-1.
- Welcome To 'Arab al-'Arida
- Survey of Western Palestine Map 9: IAA, Wikimedia commons
- 'Arab al-Arida from Khalil Sakakini Cultural Centre