Arai Station (Hyōgo)
|Main entrance on the north side, May 2008|
(See other stations in Hyōgo)
|Neighborhood etc.||20-22 Ōgimachi, Arai-chō|
|Operator(s)||Sanyo Electric Railway|
|Line(s)||Sanyo Electric Railway Main Line|
The station consists of two ground-level side platforms serving two tracks. The station building is located on the north side of the station, and the platforms are connected by a footbridge.
The two platforms are unnumbered, with the north platform used by trains to Kobe and Osaka, and the south platform used by trains to Himeji.
|Sanyo Electric Railway Main Line|
|Takasago||Limited express (morning/evening)||Oshio|
|Takasago||S Limited express||Iho|
The station opened on 19 August 1923.
On 12 February 2013, at around 15:50, a non-stop 6-car limited express service bound for Umeda collided with the rear end of a truck which had not completely cleared the level crossing to the west of the station. The first two cars of the train derailed and slid 170 m before hitting the edge of the station platform and coming to rest. 15 people were injured in the collision, including the train driver and truck driver.
- Kobe Steel Takasago factory
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Takasago factory
- Kikkoman Takasago factory
- Takasago Police Station (ja)
- Takasago Municipal Hospital (ja)
- Arai Shrine (ja)
- Takasago Minami Senior High School
- Arai Elementary School
- Terada, Hirokazu (July 2002). データブック日本の私鉄 [Databook: Japan's Private Railways]. Japan: Neko Publishing. p. 266. ISBN 4-87366-874-3.
- "15 hurt in Japan train-truck collision". The Japan Times Online. Japan: The Japan Times Ltd. 12 February 2013. Retrieved 13 February 2013.
- "列車脱線、乗客ら１５人重軽傷＝踏切で接触事故、ホームに乗り上げる－兵庫県警" [15 injured in train derailment]. Jiji.com (in Japanese). Japan: Jiji Press Ltd. 13 February 2013. Retrieved 13 February 2013.
- Takasago Minami Senior High School official website. Retrieved 13 February 2013. (Japanese)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Arai Station (Hyōgo).|
- Arai Station information (Sanyo Electric Railway) (Japanese)