|Headquarters||Andover, Massachusetts, United States|
|Key people||Peter Schroer, Marc Lind, Gregory Rasin, Mark Beaulieu, Martin Allemann, Andreas Mueller, Masahiko Hisatsugu|
|Services||Technical support, training, consulting|
Aras Corporation is an American developer and publisher of product development software, Aras Innovator. The Aras Innovator software is used for product lifecycle management (PLM), advanced product quality planning (APQP), lean product development, product quality control, collaborative product development and new product introduction (NPI). Aras Corp was founded in 2000 in Andover, Massachusetts.
Aras Corp was founded by Peter Schroer in 2000. Until 2007, Aras sold their product as proprietary corporate software. Unsatisfied with the success of this product, Aras decided in 2007 to begin providing Aras Innovator as open-source software. Clients obtain the software for free, and Aras Corp provides technical support, software updates, and other consulting as a subscription service.
Aras Innovator software
Aras Innovator is a suite of enterprise software for managing complicated product lifecycle management business processes. The software is based on the Microsoft .NET Framework and SQL Server. The software (excluding the framework) is open source, released under licenses such as Microsoft Public License and BSD. Service packs, security updates, and additional tools are provided with a subscription fee.
Aras Corp has signed the Codex of PLM Openness for an open architecture with an open data model, open APIs and open-source solutions.
Aras Innovator is the base software with technology that is a meta-data architecture based on a loosely coupled set of federated services with a dynamic schema. Users download add-ons called Aras Innovator Solutions. These solutions provide services such as program management and quality planning.
- "Can product life-cycle management boast direct tie to lean?". MSI. 1 October 2004. – via HighBeam Research (subscription required)
- Denison, D. C. (24 September 2012). "In cloud era, free software flies high". The Boston Globe. – via HighBeam Research (subscription required)
- McAllister, Neil (15 January 2007). "Soft sell for open source apps". InfoWorld.
- "Aras FAQ". Aras Corp.
- "Subscriptions & Services". Aras Corp.
- "Codex of PLM Openness". ProSTEP iViP.
- Lindinger, Dennis (6 January 2010). "ARAS Innovator for PLM". Razorleaf.