|Airport type||Military / Civilian|
|Owner||Greek Armed Forces|
|Operator||Hellenic Air Force and the Civil Aviation Authority of Greece|
|Serves||Patras & Pyrgos, Greece|
|Elevation AMSL||46 ft / 14 m|
Araxos Airport (Greek: Αεροδρόμιο Αράξου) (IATA: GPA, ICAO: LGRX) is an international military / civilian airport located near Araxos cape, Achaea, Greece. It serves the city of Patras as well as the western Peloponnese.
It is also known as Araxos National Airport. or Agamemnon Airport. It serves (primarily) as an active air base for the Hellenic Air Force, with some civilian services to European destinations in the summer months.
Location and access
116th Combat Wing
The airport has served as the home base of the Hellenic Air Force's 116th Combat Wing (116 Πτέρυγα Μάχης) since May 1969, and of its precursor the 116th Combat Group (116 Σμηναρχία Μάχης) since April 1962. It currently comprises the 336th Bomber Squadron and 335th Squadron.
Airlines and destinations
|Aeroflot||Seasonal charter: Moscow-Sheremetyevo|
|Air Berlin||Seasonal: Zurich|
operated by Tyrolean Airways
|Belavia||Seasonal charter: Minsk|
|Bluebird Airways||Seasonal charter: Moscow-Vnukovo|
|Enter Air||Seasonal charter: Warsaw-Chopin|
|Orenair||Seasonal charter: St Petersburg|
operated by Travel Service Airlines
|Seasonal charter: Bratislava, Prague|
|Thomson Airways||Seasonal: London-Gatwick |
|Transaero Airlines||Seasonal charter: Moscow-Domodedovo|
|TUIfly||Seasonal: Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Munich, Stuttgart|
|VIM Airlines||Seasonal charter: Moscow-Domodedovo|
- Airport information for LGRX at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
- Airport information for GPA at Great Circle Mapper.
- Araxos National Airport at Hellenic Civil Aviation Authority
- "116 Combat Wing". Hellenic Air Force. Retrieved 20 March 2014.
- "Season timetable destination: Patras". http://www.svo.aero. Sheremetyevo International Airport.
- "Πρόγραμμα πτήσεων". Retrieved 24 November 2013.