Arbroath High School
Arbroath High School is a six-year state run school in Arbroath, north-east Scotland.
The school has around 1000 pupils and serves the west end of Arbroath. This area consists of a mixture of authority and privately owned housing.
Arbroath High is one of two secondary schools in Arbroath, the other being Arbroath Academy which serves the east-end of Arbroath and surrounding areas. The feeder schools are Inverbrothock Primary School, Ladyloan Primary School, Timmergreens Primary School and Colliston Primary School.
It was a state grammar school.
It became a comprehensive school.
The current rector of the school is Mrs. Rew. The previous rector was Mr. Orr
There are three houses: Bruce, Macgregor, and Wallace. Each house has its own set of guidance teachers and head of house.
- Jessica McCagh, murdered in terrible circumstances on 25 April 2009 by Stewart Blackburn, who received 21 years from the High Court of Justiciary
- Andy Webster, footballer
- Marion Angus (1865–1946), poet in Braid Scots and standard English
- Sir William Duke
- James Falconer, Liberal MP from 1909–18 and 1922–4 for Forfarshire
- Michael Forsyth, Baron Forsyth of Drumlean, Conservative MP from 1983–97 for Stirling, and Secretary of State for Scotland from 1995–7
- Sir John Kirk (explorer)
- Cargill Gilston Knott, mathematician, seismologist, and expert of earthquakes in Japan
- Allan MacDonald, Australian politician
- George Robert Milne Murray, botanist
- Peter Mills, RAF Chaplain-in-Chief
- Andy Stewart (musician), who sang Donald Where's Your Troosers?
- Mike Weir, SNP MP since 2001 for Angus
- Kathleen Whyte MBE