Arbroath High School
Arbroath High School is a six-year state run school in Arbroath, north-east Scotland.
The school has around 1000 pupils and serves the west end of Arbroath. This area consists of a mixture of authority and privately owned housing.
Arbroath High is one of two secondary schools in Arbroath, the other being Arbroath Academy which serves the east-end of Arbroath and surrounding areas. The feeder schools are Inverbrothock Primary School, Ladyloan Primary School, Timmergreens Primary School and Colliston Primary School.
There are approximately 1000 students attending Arbroath High School. This makes the High School the larger of the two Arbroath secondary schools
It was a state grammar school.
It became a comprehensive school.
The current interim head teacher of the school is Mrs. Doreen Redfern. She is acting in the post while the appointed head teacher (Mrs. Gillian Rew) is suspended pending an investigation.
There are three houses: Bruce, Macgregor, and Wallace. Each house has its own set of guidance teachers and head of house.
- Jessica McCagh, murdered in terrible circumstances on 25 April 2009 by Stewart Blackburn, who received 21 years from the High Court of Justiciary
- Andy Webster, footballer
- Marion Angus (1865–1946), poet in Braid Scots and standard English
- Sir William Duke
- James Falconer, Liberal MP from 1909–18 and 1922–4 for Forfarshire
- Michael Forsyth, Baron Forsyth of Drumlean, Conservative MP from 1983–97 for Stirling, and Secretary of State for Scotland from 1995–7
- Sir John Kirk (explorer)
- Cargill Gilston Knott, mathematician, seismologist, and expert of earthquakes in Japan
- Allan MacDonald, Australian politician
- George Robert Milne Murray, botanist
- Peter Mills, RAF Chaplain-in-Chief
- Andy Stewart (musician), who sang Donald Where's Your Troosers?
- Mike Weir, SNP MP since 2001 for Angus
- Kathleen Whyte MBE